I can play about 100-110 bpm (Somewhere in that range) and on the low strings it's kinda hard to pluck them. I have 9 gauge strings and so they're pretty light and I've thought about switching even lower to .08 gauge but, the high E would break sooooo easyily then. So what should I do? I angle the pick slightly already, pick without anchoring (except with pinky but lots of people do that to), and use .6 sumthing picks. So why is it so hard to pick the low strings?

I've noticed that it is hard to angle the pick on the low strings. So, how could I make it easier to angle or easier to hit.

-Guitarist10
If ur ears aint ringin...ur doin it wrong

I use like sheet metal for picks, because the thinner one's bend to much. I also find that with thinner strings like .09's I play aggressively so that the strings move too much so I use thicker strings.
Do you use a BR-600?
If so, click here to join the group thats made for you!
Use heavier picks, atleast thicker than 1mm. I use 3mm. I think thicker strings would be better than thinner ones. They're nice and tight.
Ibanez RG1527
ENGL Blackmore Sig.
Marshall 1960A Cab
Orange 4x12 Cab

Member of UG's Official Gain \/\/hores - Invite Only
Quote by guitarist10
I can play about 100-110 bpm (Somewhere in that range) and on the low strings it's kinda hard to pluck them. I have 9 gauge strings and so they're pretty light and I've thought about switching even lower to .08 gauge but, the high E would break sooooo easyily then. So what should I do? I angle the pick slightly already, pick without anchoring (except with pinky but lots of people do that to), and use .6 sumthing picks. So why is it so hard to pick the low strings?

I've noticed that it is hard to angle the pick on the low strings. So, how could I make it easier to angle or easier to hit.

-Guitarist10

100-110 bpm? Of what, 128th notes? You won't get any faster playing with lighter strings and you'll have a small bit less sustain. And .6 gauge pick? That's ridiculous... I couldn't imagine you being able to play all that fast with that.
Originally posted by WlCmToTheJungle "you have just received the amish computer virus. Since the amish dont have computers it's based on there honor system so please delete all of your files immediatly. thank you