Page 1 of 2
Some people told me it's not really good to wash your hair everyday that it'll dry your hair out. Then if your not supposed to do that are you just supposed shower with no shampoo and wash your body?

For some reason after I wash my hair my hair gets curlier and a bit more poofier.
Last edited by lpmarshall at Feb 10, 2008,
My hair is a complete mess unless i shower and wash it every day so it's out of the question for me. I've never heard that washing your hair with shampoo could actually damage it.
I wash my hair everyday cause if I don't, my hair gets greasy and I dislike that feeling.
Quote by LedZepKicksAzz
You are simply the greatest person ever to walk this great planet.
I think you're supposed to use shampoo every day, and if it dries your hair out you're supposed to use conditioner.
idk, i wash it everyday

theres this kid at my school that only washes it like twice a month or something nasty like that. it certainly doesn't dry his hair out....nice and greasy
Signature temporarily empty
I have to wash my hair everyday....

yeah

greasy otherwise, after like 2 days
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by slashVR
I wash my hair everyday cause if I don't, my hair gets greasy and I dislike that feeling.

the reason it gets greasy is BECAUSE you wash it every day.

Your hair is supposed to have a certain amount of natural oil in it to keep your scalp from drying out. If you continually wash it your scalp over-reacts and spews out too much oil, making it look greasy.

It takes a while, but if you start washing every other day your scalp will adjust to the new washing regime and your hair will be in better condition overall.
Quote by freedoms_stain
the reason it gets greasy is BECAUSE you wash it every day.

Your hair is supposed to have a certain amount of natural oil in it to keep your scalp from drying out. If you continually wash it your scalp over-reacts and spews out too much oil, making it look greasy.

It takes a while, but if you start washing every other day your scalp will adjust to the new washing regime and your hair will be in better condition overall.

well if your not supposed to wash it everyday, then are you not supposed to shower not everyday?
i wash my hair every other day. mine looks really dull if i use to much shampoo
Too cool for a signature.
I have to wash my hair everyday or it goes mega grease, doesn't look it and sometimes doesn't feel it (if you touch it) but I can feel it on my scalp and I hate it.
I wash mine every other day- seems to be okay for me..
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by lpmarshall
well if your not supposed to wash it everyday, then are you not supposed to shower not everyday?

You don't have to shower everyday, but I prefer to cus my gf would be less inclined to suck me off if my **** wasn't clean.
Quote by Lord Of Donkeys
idk, i wash it everyday

theres this kid at my school that only washes it like twice a month or something nasty like that. it certainly doesn't dry his hair out....nice and greasy

Bahaha, reminds me of the guy that i used to go to school with.
Everyday someone would ask him if he used hair gel, and his answer was always no.
More grease than, well this. .

he also wore the same clothes since 6th grade.
since i've had all 3...

short hair (no comb required short) - shampoo every other day, condition is hair gets stiff or scalp itchy

medium hair(less than 2 inches long) - shampoo daily, condition if scalp gets itchy

long hair(longer than 2 inches) - shampoo daily, condition daily (otherwise you'll get a ton of knots, which is painful)
the game
Quote by freedoms_stain

It also looks best 1 or 2 days AFTER washing

That is false. It is greasy and nasty 2 days after washing it.
Gear:
Electric
Yamaha RGX520
Fender Strat HSS

Acoustic
1952 Martin and Co 00-18.
Yamaha FGX730SCA

Amp
Fender Twin Reverb
Fender Amp FM25 DSP

Pedals
Boss DS-1
Quote by boreamor
I shower once every two days. I just don't get sweaty/dirty enough to justify spending so much time on my cleanseliess (sp? I feel like a retard asking that...)

Eeeew.

No offense, but showering is something EVERYONE should do everyday.

You may not think you smell, but others will.
UG's Yellow Ranger

Quote by jxmxaxn
That is false. It is greasy and nasty 2 days after washing it.

this is from wikipedia so feel free to disregard:

Quote by wikipedia
It should be noted that hair shampooing daily is not necessarily the best idea as this can strip the scalp skin of its sebum. This decision will depend greatly on the style and products used to hold a given style, and age/hormones, degree of physical activity, and any issues with the health of the scalp skin. Allowing a day or so to pass and then washing is often helpful to the maintenance of the acid mantle as well as the hair since overwashing can also result in drier hair fiber. Sebum's role, in part, is to also provide a protective coat to the hair itself.

And btw, anyone who 'smells' after 1 day without any taxing physical activity probably has problems.
Quote by boreamor
I shower once every two days. I just don't get sweaty/dirty enough to justify spending so much time on my cleanseliess (sp? I feel like a retard asking that...)

Rofl, if you say "cleanseliess " out loud it sounds like clen-see-lies, very wrong lol.

Its cleanliness
Quote by LedZepKicksAzz
it's true with most things the more you shower the more you need to. Your body really does compensate. Don't shower for one day, nothing, 10 days won't be able to stand your own company, a month...fine
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by Serideth
Eeeew.

No offense, but showering is something EVERYONE should do everyday.

You may not think you smell, but others will.

proven. your nose filters out familiar/constant smells. like when you go to someone's house. it smells different. others experience that in your house. you don't because your there more than them. you *might* smell like crap to everyone else and you wouldn't even realize it.
the game
I do, hair gets greasy if I don't and it really bugs me.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Quote by meh!
it's true with most things the more you shower the more you need to. Your body really does compensate. Don't shower for one day, nothing, 10 days won't be able to stand your own company, a month...fine

indeed.

skin has inbuilt cleansing mechanisms.

showering/washing was introduced to combat the problem of bacteria which was introduced when people started congregating in cities/towns giving bacteria an ideal breeding ground.
Quote by freedoms_stain
this is from wikipedia so feel free to disregard:

Ok but thats still only talking about how healthy your hair will be if you dont wash it. You said it looks best after 2 days of no washing. So i still stand by what i said...it may be healthier, but i have yet to see someone who doesnt wash it everyday in which it actually looks good. It just looks so greasy and disgusting.
Gear:
Electric
Yamaha RGX520
Fender Strat HSS

Acoustic
Yamaha FGX730SCA

Amp
Fender Twin Reverb
Fender Amp FM25 DSP

Pedals
Boss DS-1
Quote by jxmxaxn
Ok but thats still only talking about how healthy your hair will be if you dont wash it. You said it looks best after 2 days of no washing. So i still stand by what i said...it may be healthier, but i have yet to see someone who doesnt wash it everyday in which it actually looks good. It just looks so greasy and disgusting.

+1
Quote by LedZepKicksAzz
I wash mine every time i take a shower, so every day. My hair looks best as soon as it's dry and combed and whatnot. And my hair is never dried out.

Oh yea, my hair also gets greasy a day or two without washing it..
When I hit 'em from the back, I got them mami's saying dammit man.

When I put it in their mouth, I got them mami's saying duh-huh-huh-muhh.
Quote by slashVR
+1

Sweet my first +1
Gear:
Electric
Yamaha RGX520
Fender Strat HSS

Acoustic
Yamaha FGX730SCA

Amp
Fender Twin Reverb
Fender Amp FM25 DSP

Pedals
Boss DS-1
Quote by jxmxaxn

And you know the showering/washing schedule of everyone you known and everyone you see?

and I said 1 or 2 days.

I shampoo every other day unless I've been out to a club or gig. If I left it another day it would be greasy, but if I continued to leave it the extra day for 2 weeks it wouldn't be greasy anymore on the extra day because my scalp would have adjusted.

I know this because I used to wash every day too, but my hair got dry and damaged and looked like a bale of straw, I started leaving it a day between washes and the dryness went away.

I still wash the rest of me, but my hair just gets wet, no shampoo.
Quote by bendystraw
the letter d is a good letter.

I went through the You Laugh You Loose thread without laughing, then I saw this and started cracking up.
Quote by blackenedktulu
CFH82, I love you. I didn't laugh, but my god, I love you.

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Holy shit, that was epic. A mighty roar escapeth'd my mouth.

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm
Page 1 of 2