ive been playing for 3+ years, and im soon going to be looking for a new guitar. i will be receiving some money due to the death of a family member who i had no close relation to. i should be getting 20 grand i believe, it could be more or less though. ANYWAYS, when the time comes id like to buy a new guitar, maybe amp, but ill worry bout the amp later.

i play quite a bit of punk and metal, i have no preference of the type of body wood on the guitar, preferably able to downtune, but thats not necessary.

i was looking at ran guitars, and rico jr's (im not sure if they have left handed models available tho), as i will have the money for a custom, but stock guitars are just as good.

not interested in having a wammy bar so much, id like a solidbody maybe.

im not too picky, i havent tryed out alot of guitars, being left handed, so i dont have much of a preference. that being said, im very open

recommend me somthin i could be happy with for years to come, again, no price limit

ask me anything that might help
Last edited by theshroomman at Feb 10, 2008,
i'd go for a schecter love them things!!! or an ESP most of the guitars from either of these makers are available in left handed versions
Last edited by jbaker253 at Feb 10, 2008,
I know schecter makes most of their guitars left-handed, you should check them out. and if you want a custom, check out Warmoth.com
Quote by sincewhen??
You LastAuramancer ....Are a GOD
schecter eh, i was taking a look at those too, noted.
les pauls im not too fond of, they feel bulky, but ill keep my skepticism to a minimum

looks arent too important, playability is more of what im lookin for, trying no to limit myself here
esp seems alright i only say this b/c devin townsend plays them =P
isnt warmoth just custom pieces? im not that familiar w/ the site so i could be wrong.
warmoth is a build your own, custom, to your specs guitar manufacturer pretty good if you have money to burn like you will i'd forgotten about them
Get a custom guitar from Carvin. It'll be amazing and cost you a lot less than anything else the same quality. That's what I'm doing when I get some money.
my god that framus looks pretty dope.
i was looking at carvin before, i hadnt seen any lefties, just a few parts i believe, i guess ill email them about it when it comes time, for the money ur right, its is great quality.
I'd go with any custom shop. It doesn't matter what brand you go with, the custom shops will build an amazing guitar for price of course.

Metal - ESP, Halo, Ibanez, Dean, BC Rich

Punk - Fender, Gibson

Carvin has lefty models but if I had upwards of $4,000 to spend on a guitar, I think i would go for something a bit nicer. Not to say carvin isn't nice, it is a sexually stimulating guitar, but I dunno, i think i'd prefer a custom shop job.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by theshroomman
my god that framus looks pretty dope.
i was looking at carvin before, i hadnt seen any lefties, just a few parts i believe, i guess ill email them about it when it comes time, for the money ur right, its is great quality.

They can make any of their guitars left handed at no extra cost.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Is anything custom an option?

Warmoth for DIY, otherwise, Gibson, Fender, ESP, Carvin.

Get exactly what you want
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Go for something custom.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Gibson DC Pro Custom shop
Fender American Stratocaster - Vintage custom
Fender Squier Strat
Fender Standard Telecaster
no price limit?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

59 sunburst les paul.
idk if they made left hands, but if they did it would costs 3x the regular sunbursts.

so you got about $1,000,000 lying around?
[Gear]
1957 Reissue Gibson Les Paul Custom [gone ]
1958 Reissue Sunburst (Ice Tea)
1959 Reissue Sunburst (Cherry)
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone SG
50th Anniversary CS Masterbuilt Strat

Fender Deluxe Reverb Reissue
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
....so Jackson Custom shop. YOU MAKE THE GUITAR!!! Jackson Custom Shop FTW!
Quote by Krzy8
....so Jackson Custom shop. YOU MAKE THE GUITAR!!! Jackson Custom Shop FTW!

I'd say ESP's custom shop is probably a better choice.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by jeremylp
no price limit?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

59 sunburst les paul.
idk if they made left hands, but if they did it would costs 3x the regular sunbursts.

so you got about $1,000,000 lying around?

haha =P
ok, less than 20 000 :|
which is not really worth any guitar imo, it seems a great guitar should come to less than 5000, but thats just an observation so far.