So I try and start the game and it gives me this message:

"This application has failed to start because D3DX9_32.DLL as not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

I tried to delete it, then it tells me this:

"An error [-5004 : 0x80041f42] has occurred while running the setup.

Please make sure you have finished any previous setup and closed other applications: If this error still occurs, please contact your vendor: Firaxis Games

[##IDS_PRODUCT_URL##]."

It also says that my virtual memory is too low sometimes. Does anyone know what all of this means???
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

Uhh it means that D3DX9_32.DLL is not in your windows folder.

Don't delete them
Well it won't let me re-install it.
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

Quote by bingeandletgo
So I try and start the game and it gives me this message:

"This application has failed to start because D3DX9_32.DLL as not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

I tried to delete it, then it tells me this:

"An error [-5004 : 0x80041f42] has occurred while running the setup.

Please make sure you have finished any previous setup and closed other applications: If this error still occurs, please contact your vendor: Firaxis Games

[##IDS_PRODUCT_URL##]."

It also says that my virtual memory is too low sometimes. Does anyone know what all of this means???

it means you need more RAM
Gear
Takamine EG5015S
Fender Telecaster Deluxe
Fender Strat
Fender Stage 1600 (160 Watt)
Digitech Hot Head
Digitech Hot Rod
Digitech DF-7 Distortion Factory
Quote by jd44
it means you need more RAM
Why does it say that when I'm trying to delete it?
Quote by blackflag49

Try searching the net or the cd for the DLL then put it in the appropriate place.
Do you use a BR-600?
If so, click here to join the group thats made for you!
How?
Quote by blackflag49

Shoot ur comp in the kneecaps n ask it where ur money is...then beat it w/ a lead pipe...then wait a day n ask/beat it again n if it dont pay bust a cap in that mother****er
Quote by aig91
"It doesn't get much beter than that! Ok, maybe a free ibanez guitar and marshall half-stack in perfect condition would be better, but free pancakes comes right behind that"

Quote by neptune1988
"My tone should be like me........FAT! "
Quote by albinokrikit
Shoot ur comp in the kneecaps n ask it where ur money is...then beat it w/ a lead pipe...then wait a day n ask/beat it again n if it dont pay bust a cap in that mother****er
That was my original plan lol
Quote by blackflag49

where's directx located?
Quote by blackflag49

Whats your OS. xp or Vista? Did it work before? It's telling you that one of your DirectX files is missing, you need to reinstall DX9 xp or DX10 for Vista
Quote by Wasted-Youth
I laugh at people that say "well my mac doesn't get viruses!" That's like bragging that nobody breaks into your shack and steals your lawn chair.

Quote by Yakult
I've got more faith in Michael Jackson safely babysitting my cousin, than I do in Windows.
so just search on the net for DX9 (i have an xp)?
Quote by blackflag49

YAY! ONE BILLION E-COOKIES TO EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!! Thx alot!
Quote by blackflag49

with xp its most likely dx9, and the installer for it should be one the disc.

as for the virtual memory, yes you need more ram. virtual memory is hard drive space used like ram, but its ALOT slower than actual ram. if your getting that warning you might want to make sure your comp is actually able to run the game.
what game is it and what are your computers specs?
It's Civilization IV and I deleted alot of things, including Guild Wars, so it should be fine. I have 16.2 GB left in my C: drive
Quote by blackflag49

Quote by Noyon999
i take it it worked?
Oh, goody. It appears I have disk 2 and 3. Too bad it needs disk 1 to run it... damnit
Quote by blackflag49

I found it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks so much everyone!!!!!! I guess I won't be seeing the pit for a while, lol. Thanks again
Quote by blackflag49