any ideas how to paint a guitar like these without spending alot:

Ibanez SA

Ibanez RG fixed

fender tele

thanks, im painting a squier 51 trying to make it look like a strat
Quote by jakewynnrocks
marshall has half stacks for only 600, but i dont know if theyre any good. seems like a good deal....
The first two are just stained flame maple tops by the looks of it... the lines on the side are just the grain of the wood, it's not like tiger stripes were painted on there. Then the telecaster has a stained (or maybe even just clearcoated) body.

What type of wood does your squier have?

EDIT: just realized that the Ibanez RG prestige has a quilted maple top, not flame. My bad
You'd need a quilted maple top and then do a burst dye on it.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by minichibi
The first two are just stained flame maple tops by the looks of it... the lines on the side are just the grain of the wood, it's not like tiger stripes were painted on there. Then the telecaster has a stained (or maybe even just clearcoated) body.

What type of wood does your squier have?

EDIT: just realized that the Ibanez RG prestige has a quilted maple top, not flame. My bad

it's basswood, i have yet to strip the paint to see how the wood looks. right now it's my only guitar but it soon won't be im getting 1 fixed. once it's taken apart and striped i'll look at it and put some designs onto sketch up. right now i like the wood stain and the red and black sunburst with the racing stripe
Quote by jakewynnrocks
marshall has half stacks for only 600, but i dont know if theyre any good. seems like a good deal....
basswood looks horrible natural, hence why it's always got a solid colour finish over it.. You could get a flame/quilt maple veneer for the top and just leave the back and sides a solid colour and do a burst onto the mape top? Otherwise I would be looking at solid colours.