When I get a tube amp, I want to know how to properly replace tubes, like including Biasing and stuff.

Someone should do a guide on how, and what you need to do it.
Dude just do what I am going to do. Take it to an amp tech the first time you get them changed and have him show you exactly what to do. It may just be me but I prefere seeing things infront of my face rather than trying to do it just from some words on a page. Either that or try google, I'm sure there are plenty of guides somewhere.
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
I don't know about biasing, my amp has a fixed bias, but to change tubes, you do the following, remove old tube, replace with new tube.
Current Rig:
Splawn Quickrod
Marshall 1960BX
Electrics:
Les Paul with Dirty Fingers
Kramer
Acoustics:
Hohner
Ibanez
Pedals:
Isp Decimator
Cry Baby Wah
MXR MX108 10 Band EQ.
BBE Green Screamer
1. Turn amp off for a while.
2. Grab tube.
3. Pull out gently, might have to wiggle it a bit.
4. Put new tube in socket.

That's how I do it, is there some sort of voodoo chant or something I'm missing?
Quote by stuey22
1. Turn amp off for a while.
2. Grab tube.
3. Pull out gently, might have to wiggle it a bit.
4. Put new tube in socket.

That's how I do it, is there some sort of voodoo chant or something I'm missing?

biasing.
Crossover notch biasing is often frowned upon by many people, when you bias using this technique you do not know what voltage is going to the tube
Quote by XgamerGt04
biasing.
Crossover notch biasing is often frowned upon by many people, when you bias using this technique you do not know what voltage is going to the tube

Yeah, all my amps are fixed bias. But if you put in the same tubes, do you really need to bias? I mean, a fixed bias amp you can put different tubes in of the same type, and it still works. How is that any different from leaving it in the position from the factory on an adjustable bias amp? Both fixed and adjustable bias amps have been set from the factory...
You are talking about cathode bias if you mean that you do not have an adjustable pot on the back of the amp. It does not always have to be biased you are correct, however it is important to bias an amp every now and again if it is cathode biased just in case the resistor has somehow degraded in resistance value.

Adjustable (fixed) bias should be biased every time to ensure that the bias has not been tampered with.

This is just how i approach biasing personally, if you don't want to bias an amp that is cathode biased then you don't have to but if its an older amp then it may be a good idea too.