I've been looking at Rondo music basses/SX. This one in particular http://www.rondomusic.com/SPB62VWH.html

I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with them. It's pretty cheap so I'm concerned about quality. I was also considering getting some Pbass pickups (probably these http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Original-62-P-Bass-Pickup?sku=301602) to go with it. What do you guys think?
The story with Rondobass is that the wood is good, but all other components need replacing. After a few hundred dollars of investment, you'll have a bass that plays almost like a bass twice the price. The hardware, pickups, and frets are not good.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Play lots of them and buy the one that feels the best. They have a good reputation for cheap basses.
^They aren't sold in stores.
I've played an acquaintance's and it wasn't bad, but had some electronic problems. You get what you pay for, but it would still be a good project or starter instrument.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
I have the SX Jazz 5 string. The finish is excellent, sound isn't bad at all, pots are cheap and it's a cheap replacement to upgrade them ($15 should replace all three), frets are not that bad but there were a couple high ones but easy to dress them down with a T-Bar sander and fine 400 grit paper. For the dollar, they're great basses and cheap enough to play rough with or modify.
I've just bought the next model up from that (with the J bass pup on it too)
I'm hoping it'll be alright, but I know it'll need upgrading.

When you say the frets are crap, what do you mean by it?

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
Frets are uneven, not centred, rough, and have different heights. Low quality installation of low quality parts.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by Wayward_Son
^They aren't sold in stores.

Are they not? That's odd. They've got a good rep on TB anyway.
My friend owns a sunburst P-bass from SX, so I have had some exposure to them. I have to say that SX basses are the worst basses I have ever played. The neck feels cheap, the body is unusually light, I despised the sound, and my friend raised the action to a ridiculous level so that it is painful to play. TheFitz may crucify me for this, but I would rather own a Thunderbird, or an SG, rather than the pile of fecal matter that is SX.

In short, I hate SX.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
Quote by kranoscorp
My friend owns a sunburst P-bass from SX, so I have had some exposure to them. I have to say that SX basses are the worst basses I have ever played. The neck feels cheap, the body is unusually light, I despised the sound, and my friend raised the action to a ridiculous level so that it is painful to play. TheFitz may crucify me for this, but I would rather own a Thunderbird, or an SG, rather than the pile of fecal matter that is SX.

In short, I hate SX.

Erm... Might be the problem?
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.