Well ive had my guitar since christmas, and i need to know, what chords do i learn? What else do i learn?
learn scales
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
You should should learn a few songs ... in my opinion. And doing that you will learn the rhythm, chords and develop your ear. Scales will come later.

What music do you like. Guns 'N' Roses is pretty easy to play; if you like the old ballads learn those. Or anything you like... Just learn as many songs as possible.
learn major and minor chords
learn them at all positions on fretboard
memorize the pentatonic scales maj, and min. at all positions
I like nirvana , gnr , metallica , that type of stuff.
Also anyone want to give me links to the scales and stuff and explain what the hell your talking about?
Setup..:
Fender Roadhouse Strat
Fender Hotrod Deluxe amp
BOSS DS-2
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Ive been playing for 6 months and Ive just started scales, beeing a big Metallica fun myself I first started with a few songs...I recommend the Black Album...slow and heavy songs (god that failed, wolf, sandman, tread, roam...); is not neccesary lo learn all the song...the main riff, and intro leaks would be great....after that u will already feel good about your playing and yourself and u can start scales and specific exercises and so on.....
guys im not a complete noob. i can play songs, i know what tabs are, i just want to know what i should learn. i dont want super easy songs.. right now im working on stairway to heaven. i can play the full thing.. besides the solo.
Setup..:
Fender Roadhouse Strat
Fender Hotrod Deluxe amp
BOSS DS-2
As a beginner like you ( got my guitar a week into January) I can tell you I too didn't know where to start.

I picked up a chord book and started learning off of that. I also looked for material online. Since then I've learned 3 of the 5 scales, a couple of chords, a few riffs here and there, and "enter Sandman" by Metallica. I also do chromatics to practice picking and other stuff. There is alot of material to be had on this site.
Learn the Beatles stuff. You can always find a free midi/tabs for any of their famous songs via Google. Listen to the midi over and over again unless you know the song well.
Stop showing off and play the music!
Quote by Innovision
As a beginner like you ( got my guitar a week into January) I can tell you I too didn't know where to start.

I picked up a chord book and started learning off of that. I also looked for material online. Since then I've learned 3 of the 5 scales, a couple of chords, a few riffs here and there, and "enter Sandman" by Metallica. I also do chromatics to practice picking and other stuff. There is alot of material to be had on this site.

3/5 scales. There are more then that. Besides, you should have focused on one scale for awhile. Learn to improvise on it, know the theory behind it, play through it fast, and know it in all forms. You can't do that with 3 scales one month into playing.
like i said before.. i know where to find tabs and stuff :@ but i need someone to give me a link to the chords i need to learn or tell me the names of the chords i need to learn with a link of some chords..
Setup..:
Fender Roadhouse Strat
Fender Hotrod Deluxe amp
BOSS DS-2
I agree with the intervals suggestion. The crusades aren't bad, but there are plenty of others too. Learn the notes on the fretboard, the major scale (all of them) and then learn the scale formulas.
Quote by imthehitcher
you truly are a prince of men

Quote by isuckhardcore
I get naked FOR my dog.