I was wondering what I would need to do if I was to replace all the tubes in my Mesa Stiletto Deuce. Would the amp need to be biased or would it still run well without a bias? Also, how much would a bias (or whatever is needed) cost (USD)?
Quote by Kurapica
I once used an SG on stage. I killed three people in the front row and I was only tuning up. It's THAT powerful.

Quote by aeliustehman
I've never seen Metallica use a wah pedal lol.

Quote by BWall1226
does putting stickers on a guitar make someone a poser cause im doing the same thing.
mesa makes their amps all 'fixed bias' and by fixed, they mean it's always set at a constant voltage value. whatever they set it at should be fine with most tubes, just some brands will sound better with it than others.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
i thought for mesas if u get mesa tubes you don't need to rebias...
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
nah, i read in the book they gave me a section on their amps and they're non-bias. i'll type an excerpt i guess...

Quote by randall smith
the short answer is this: since a bias supple needs to put out the right voltage and never vary, i wanted to build amplifiers that were individually hard wired to the correct values and NEVER needed adjustment. and for 25 years, that's how mesa/boogies have been built.

time to change tubes? just plug our tubes (bastards... ) into any one of our amps and you're DONE. no tech needed. no bills and no BS about biasing. and most important: the bias is RIGHT because it can't change!

i'm really woozy right now, care to make sense of that?
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Last edited by UnsignedRecords at Feb 10, 2008,
I bought my amp used and I'm not sure about the pre-amp tubes, but I know that 2 of the power tubes have been replaced with Mullards.
Quote by Kurapica
I once used an SG on stage. I killed three people in the front row and I was only tuning up. It's THAT powerful.

Quote by aeliustehman
I've never seen Metallica use a wah pedal lol.

Quote by BWall1226
does putting stickers on a guitar make someone a poser cause im doing the same thing.