what are the best settings for metal in general, and specifically power metal on the itunes eq? i want my power metal to sound more epic lol like what would make the strong choral parts come through better? ex. all rhapsody songs lol
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
Last edited by Linqua5150 at Feb 10, 2008,
ive heard that the jazz setting makes EVERYTHING sound better for some reason
the jazz is really similar to the rock preset. scooped mids sounds like **** lol anything else i should try?
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
You know why?
just use rock. Its good
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
put it on dance and turn it all the way up. That **** is loud.
Up the Punx!
dance sounds better than rock lol
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
You know why?

Try that.
last.fm
Quote by darkstar2466
*head explodes*
You sir, are a god.

Quote by BBW
This song is about Little Red Riding Hood and her trials and tribulations with the Big Bad Wolf. He was a cunt who liked to bother pigs when they relaxed after work in their houses.
Well, you obviously have an ipod. Why don't you just try them all out and pick the one you like best?
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by Linqua5150
what are the best settings for metal in general, and specifically power metal on the itunes eq? i want my power metal to sound more epic lol like what would make the strong choral parts come through better? ex. all rhapsody songs lol

the Spoken Word equalizer setting works awesoe, i just wne thru my ipod and listen to my favorite songs with each diff EQ setting and the spoken wrd one worked best
you'll hear more of a difference if you get better headphones

Hey Guys,
I know im a noob but i got a new email so i made a new account anyway.
i was messing around with this because i wanted to mess with my Eq and i listen to Deathmetal,Heavy,grind,Deathcore etc. anyway idk about power metal honestly i hate Power but. i was trying forever to find a good setting on the net but i couldn't so i said ill make a good one. i was also listening with Ipod Headphones i got out of my ipod touch case.i tested it on a few songs that i like. this setting is if you like an epic boom-y type bass. no so much foucsed on treble but ill make one for treble if its requested. also if you listen to techno with this some songs are good, but lots like to Crackle and pop and what not.
but..
check this,

some songs i was listening to with the setting.

Arsonists get all the girls - Shoeshine for neptune.
Bring me the horizion - Chelsea smile.
Kataklysm - Taking the world by storm.
Job for a cowboy - entombment for a machine.
The legion of doom - Lolitas medicine.
Suffokate - the skies where filled with fire.

tell me how it sounds Cheers LA,

I like keeping it flat, so I can hear how well the song was mixed in the first place.
I like lots of bass

On my TV bass is 100 and treble is 30
Opie and Anthony Fan
XM 202 | SIRIUS 197
Linger Longer
FLAT

The only time I use EQ is when wheening myself onto new headphones.
Quote by Fucking loads of people who were appeasing me in order for me to write
blues_to_thrash, you are the master of epic lulz

My Music

2K11
Quote by Linqua5150

"off"
Quote by ultimatedaver
We're just trying to help man, cause it doesn't seem like you can get any pizza.
"Techno" EQ is very bassy. It makes the sound too fuzzy though. The "Jazz" EQ would be my next favourite.
Quote by lastangel
Hey Guys,
i was messing around with this because i wanted to mess with my Eq and i listen to Deathmetal,Heavy,grind,Deathcore etc. anyway idk about power metal honestly i hate Power but. i was trying forever to find a good setting on the net but i couldn't so i said ill make a good one. i was also listening with Ipod Headphones i got out of my ipod touch case.i tested it on a few songs that i like. this setting is if you like an epic boom-y type bass. no so much foucsed on treble but ill make one for treble if its requested. also if you listen to techno with this some songs are good, but lots like to Crackle and pop and what not.
but..
check this,

I like that setting, but I don't have deathcore.

Im using this one now
Well, I toyed a little and a got this:
+2,5
+3
+1,5
+1
+2
+1
+2,5
+3,5
+3
(from left to right, count lines)
Based on Rhapsody (Dawn of victory), so it should work. It does have some bugs, because I am only 16 and this is my second EQ, try to fix it, if you have time.
Hope that helped.
P.S. How do you like the new album?
Quote by Jesse Mrau
I like keeping it flat, so I can hear how well the song was mixed in the first place.

This, usually, but if you're listening to really compressed music with it, using the EQ can raise some frequencies to make it sound less compressed.
Quote by Martine977
Well, I toyed a little and a got this:
+2,5
+3
+1,5
+1
+2
+1
+2,5
+3,5
+3
(from left to right, count lines)
Based on Rhapsody (Dawn of victory), so it should work. It does have some bugs, because I am only 16 and this is my second EQ, try to fix it, if you have time.
Hope that helped.
P.S. How do you like the new album?

Don't necro bump.
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
on my iPod i've always used the "hip hop" settings. weird, i know but it sounds great to me. never messed with it on my computer though.
Quote by lastangel
Hey Guys,
but..
check this,

Dude, this entirely changed my metal experience, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!
I always use Electronic, and slightly turn up the lower end and the higher end. I move the preamp up half a notch and keep my itunes volume just a bit lower than max and I love it. I don't have expensive ass speakers, but it gets the job done for when I want to blast I, The Breather or some A Call To Sincerity.
Wow. What a necro bump dude
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.