Okay, I only want users that have used these pedals to answer, Beacuse I know people that haven't tried them will say that one of the two sucks or something.

I like the Dunlop Wah sound, and really like using Slash's tone. So I also want his Wah-Tone. Which Pedal should I get? The Dunlop Original ($69) or the Dunlop Slash Model ($169). Does the Dunlop Original have the same tone as the Slash wah?

I want the Dunlop Original because its cheaper, but I want the slash Wah because of the tone. I haven't really used the Original that much so I kind of forgot what it sounds like, but I remember that I liked it.

So can somebody help? Thanks.
try them side-by-side and decide which one you like

btw: most signature versions of pedals and amps are usually crap, guitars are another story tho
i've only heard great great reviews of the slash pedal, and the original is garbage stock, i have one. you mite be able to find someone in the modding thread who knows how to mod it to the slash style.

or you can get a vox V847. they're only $89 and sound niiiiiice. i use miine for G N R and all that jazz
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
You think modding it will be tough, I'm a 14 year old kid that MIGHT be able to learn. I've seen schematics for modding amps and I could not read them at all, haha.

Yeah I really should try playing them next to each other, I really need to go to Guitarcenter or something to try them!
then go w/ the vox bro and youll be set.

i'm a huge slash fan and i think this wah will do well w/ his work
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
I'm actually pretty happy with my original, but i really shoulda go a vox, oh well, i mgiht upgrade later on...
Quote by Mister.Y
Well, The Lion Sleeps Tonight is still a bit popular... I mean, cmon...

awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe...

"I'll See You In The Next World, and Don't Be Late"
There's an ultimate wah that talks about both of these threads. Use the search bar before making threads.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Quote by BleedDeathMetal
There's an ultimate wah that talks about both of these threads. Use the search bar before making threads.

Oh, shoot. I usually search before threads, sorry about this one. I'll search righ tnow.
well I found the Ultimate Wah Thread and it says that the Slash Wah is nice. Just a little pricey.

Also I read that the Vox pedal is nice too, but I still gotta try them out. Thanks.
I had the Dunlop Jimi Hendrix pedal but i got a Budda Wah pedal and i love it it has a better sound than the dunlops i think. The budda wah is the one in the song crazy bitch. But if you want to buy the jimi hendrix pedal off me ill give it to you for $40.
Quote by bpas41
I had the Dunlop Jimi Hendrix pedal but i got a Budda Wah pedal and i love it it has a better sound than the dunlops i think. The budda wah is the one in the song crazy bitch. But if you want to buy the jimi hendrix pedal off me ill give it to you for $40.

Its alright, Jimi's tone is cool, but its not my type of tone though
I like my slash wah and the boost. If like everything but the boost I'd say get an original, throw in a fasel and mod it for true bypass and you'll have about the same thing, sans distortion.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by doomed1
try them side-by-side and decide which one you like

btw: most signature versions of pedals and amps are usually crap, guitars are another story tho

to the first part: +1

to the second part: theyre not crap, theyre just overpriced cuz theres a well-known name on it

anyway, check the ultimate wah thread!

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
I own a completely normal Dunlop Wah which is fantastic, but I also tried out the Zakk Wylde wah pedal which made by Dunlop, and that was amazing but the normal was much more affordable. With the Zakk Wylde wah, you get a whole range of controls, and i think it is much better than the Slash Wah
Quote by String Pincher
I own a completely normal Dunlop Wah which is fantastic, but I also tried out the Zakk Wylde wah pedal which made by Dunlop, and that was amazing but the normal was much more affordable. With the Zakk Wylde wah, you get a whole range of controls, and i think it is much better than the Slash Wah

Have you played the Slash wah?

I have the slash wah, and it sounds great. I really like it and it sounds great through clean all the way up to high gain.

Here is a great video review of the slash wah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBc2RBqTq0s
Vox V847

Stay away from the original crybaby, but I hear the slash wah is sweet.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
^not for slash...

Quote by Mockingbird452
Okay, I only want users that have used these pedals to answer, Beacuse I know people that haven't tried them will say that one of the two sucks or something.

no, any reasonably "experienced" person will say the both suck

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009