I have an Ashdown MAG300 C-115 combo. In the manual it says minimum impedance at 4 ohms. Does that mean I should get a 4 ohms cab or an 8 ohms cab?
You have the combo, and I'm pretty sure it already has an 8 ohm cab attached to it. Therefore, you need another 8 ohm cabs to lower it to 4 ohms. An 8 and a 4 gives 2 and 2 3rds ohms.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
An 8 and a 4 gives 2 and 2 3rds ohms.

What? LOL
1992 Gibson Explorer (Seymour Duncan '59 neck, Custom Custom bridge)
Jackson King V Professional Std. (Seymour Duncan Invaders)
Mesa/Boogie Nomad 55
Mesa/Boogie 412 Recto. O/S Cabinet
Boss ME-50
MXR 10-Band EQ
The equivalent resistance of the two cabs in parallel would be 1/req=1/8+1/4, which equals 3/8, when you take the inverse of that you get the equivalent resistance, so the inverse is 8/3 ohms, or 2 and 2/3 ohms, as he said.
Quote by HavokStrife
What? LOL

Don't worry, you're a guitar player - you'll probably never ever have to worry about that.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by FreddyB
The equivalent resistance of the two cabs in parallel would be 1/req=1/8+1/4, which equals 3/8, when you take the inverse of that you get the equivalent resistance, so the inverse is 8/3 ohms, or 2 and 2/3 ohms, as he said.

I'm taking physics now and was figuring out how that worked during class. Must say I was proud of myself when I realized how it worked . I always just had it memorized that 8+8=4 and 8+4=2 2/3.