Totally agree.
38 62%
I'm in the middle.
16 26%
Totally disagree.
7 11%
Voters: 61.
Page 1 of 2
Is it just me or are some people missing the point of the whole movie? Great move btw. I swear people thing that it is a movie about a racial war or whatever.So UG what I'm asking is do you think a lot of people are missing the point of this great film? I'm not trying to be racist or anything but it seems to me it is mostly people of caucasian decent? do you think?

Please no flaming, it is suppose to be a smart discussion!

THE LESSON FOR ALL THE PEOPLE THAT MISSED THE POINT.
Last edited by Techtonic at Feb 10, 2008,
I think 90% of the people who watch all these "popular" movies, don't really understand them. I find it quite funny how people rave about how good a certain movie was but have no idea what it was about.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Always outnumbered, never outgunned...
first state your opinion in case you might be. No offense just that maybe alot of people are missing the point because your interpration is different then the common person. Or it could be the other way around and your a genius. Probably the second one.
like a chicken on a junebug.- coach teasdale

if you dont want to play basketball go to underwater basket weaving. coach teasdale

I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer.
-- Douglas Adams
this is my favorite movie of all time. People think im racist because of it. i get so mad when people think wrongly about it.
The Conservative youth of America!
I really agree with this.

Before I saw it, my friend would always talk about it, and he would always make it out to be some kind of horrid racial movie. The movie is trying to convey something totally different.
1992 Gibson Explorer (Seymour Duncan '59 neck, Custom Custom bridge)
Jackson King V Professional Std. (Seymour Duncan Invaders)
Mesa/Boogie Nomad 55
Mesa/Boogie 412 Recto. O/S Cabinet
Boss ME-50
MXR 10-Band EQ
people mostly miss out on the point and deeper meaning in the themes of movies, because they watch movies for pointless entertainment

case in point, Meet the spartans somehow gained millions of dollars
i know what you mean. the danger is that edward norton is so good at those motivational speeches that he ends up convincing people that white supremacy is right before the movie is over and you see the whole picture.
#DTWD
Quote by nt1440
people mostly miss out on the point and deeper meaning in the themes of movies, because they watch movies for pointless entertainment

case in point, Meet the spartans somehow gained millions of dollars

It does seem like some people miss the point of the movie though. It's always, "Oh, the movie where he curb stomps that black guy?" or, "The movie where he gets raped in the ass in the shower?" A lot of the times they miss the "moral of the story" so to speak.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
its a damn good movie, but sometimes people have trouble accepting the brutality of reality. it can be hate based if you interpret it that way, but it could also represent the way things get so ****ed up if you hate like that

primusfan you are right, edward norton is very very intense, his speeches are not for the weak of mind. he is my favorite actor because he is so powerful like that. and he is in wicked movies
Last edited by mosh_face at Feb 10, 2008,
Yeah a bunch of people felt that way about Fight Club too but I'm also interpretting way more than most people as I've watched it many many times.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
What is the point that you believe people are missing?

Do people actually think this movie is promoting racism? If so, damn that's pretty stupid.
I cried during the curbstomping bit the first time, and every subsequent time I've seen it, that's the only movie to have ever made me cry.

It reaffirmed what I already knew, racism is stupid and a waste of time. Great movie.
Well the director of the movie denounced his own film because the producer decided to change the ending...which he felt delivered a message that that blacks were bad...or that what's his face's character was wrong in his spiritual enlightenment of denouncing racism..so whatever.

I agree...my best friend got obsessed with that film and would drive around and yell "bite the curb!!" at blacks when he drove past.

I also think this thread, though it's a poll, is dangerously close to a Racism thread.
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination
Everybody misses the fact that it is a promotion tool to increase curb stomping.

I am sad about this.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
the thing with movies like American History X is that there so good that you might miss the theme the first time through
Quote by Godsmack_IV
ur so cool rockhard182

Quote by Phill-Rock
There's always a time and a place for domestic violence.

Quote by recklessnick
i diy all my orgasms.
DIY PONX FTW!
Quote by KryptNet
Well the director of the movie denounced his own film because the producer decided to change the ending...which he felt delivered a message that that blacks were bad...or that what's his face's character was wrong in his spiritual enlightenment of denouncing racism..so whatever.

actually edward norton re-edited the film. and the original/i] ending was after furlong gets murdered, norton shaves his head again. and then the movie ends.

then there's this alternate ending:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbCvIhR7HRk
#DTWD
Quote by KryptNet

I agree...my best friend got obsessed with that film and would drive around and yell "bite the curb!!" at blacks when he drove past.

I also think this thread, though it's a poll, is dangerously close to a Racism thread.

your kind of right its like the n**er guy episode of south park
The Conservative youth of America!
Quote by KryptNet

what was the original ending?
The real problem is most of society is obsessed with movies like "Bad Boys" and movies that have no real point. Good guys shoot up bad guys while blowing **** up with some boobs thrown in. Look at how bad Hollywood messed up I am Legend. I am still mad over the entire point of the book being thrown out for a "happy ending." After seeing it I felt as if I had just gotten a massage at one of those dives.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
whats not to understand? this little nazi ends up gettin shot over blowing smoke in a black dudes face...in a nutshell racism is a massive mistake over things so small and minute as skin pigment.
Quote by KryptNet

I got something totally different from that ending: Hate only creates more hate.

Anyone who thinks this movie is promoting racism is an idiot.
I think if you're smart, you'll realize that the ending is most likely not promoting racism, at least that's how I felt.

The impression I got from the ending was "that's not fair!", but life is not fair. It was a totally realistic (and tragic) ending. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the black guy shot him because of his ties to all the neo nazis. This again is realistic, because of course the minorities will fight back, there's so much hate going back and forth, what do you think will happen?

EDIT - ^ exactly
Quote by deathpidgeon
whats not to understand? this little nazi ends up gettin shot over blowing smoke in a black dudes face...in a nutshell racism is a massive mistake over things so small and minute as skin pigment.

he blew smoke in his face, in more so, to protect the guy getting gained up on.

Anyways, you missed the point/
Set the controls to the heart of the sun.
Its kind of messed up at the end though... theyre trying to stop racism, but in the end, Danny is killed y a black guy...
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
I thought it was about a nazi piece of **** skinhead who realised black people are infact people too and that hate breeds hate which will only end in tragedy, i.e. the kid who got shot by the black kid for being a nazi piece of **** skinhead.

correct me if I misunderstood the fairly simple plot.
Furlong had to die at the end. It just shows an accurate depiction of what blind hate causes. Even if he had changed, and the only real reason he was racist was because of his brother, without his "innocent" death the movie wouldn't have had as much of a point. Racism really hurts innocent people more than it does those guilty of it.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
such a good movie.
but i thought the movie was just about how if you hate something, you're more prone to cause more hate amongst yourself and others.
the ending was sad though.
Yeah, people remember it about the movie of the curb stomp.

The curb stomp is a minor detail in the movie! Why people care about the curb stomp!?
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by KryptNet

Quote by primusfan
actually edward norton re-edited the film. and the original/i] ending was after furlong gets murdered, norton shaves his head again. and then the movie ends.

then there's this alternate ending:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbCvIhR7HRk

i think most people are like, "yeah man! those niggers had it comin'! lol that movie is so bad ass!"

when really, the movie has the opposite message. racism=bad.

...but the ending where the black kid kills the white skin head kinda ruins the moral...

EDIT: that "alternate ending"...
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
Last edited by PaperStSoapCo at Feb 10, 2008,
i always took the point of the movie to be that our actions have an effect on all those around us. and also of course it is also trying to show how dangerous and ridiculous racism is.
Quote by me_llamo_juan
^You're awesome.

Quote by gtmustang2006
Listen to RageAgnstUrJaw.

"I've wronged you, and steal everything from the truth,
Can we find ourselves, walking through a field with no solitude,
The pain goes on."
Quote by Inimical
I got something totally different from that ending: Hate only creates more hate.

Anyone who thinks this movie is promoting racism is an idiot.

I agree with this. It shows that while what that guy did was wrong, it could've been prevented.
Quote by LuciferSam.
he blew smoke in his face, in more so, to protect the guy getting gained up on.

Anyways, you missed the point/

lol, **** off
Quote by primusfan
i know what you mean. the danger is that edward norton is so good at those motivational speeches that he ends up convincing people that white supremacy is right before the movie is over and you see the whole picture.

That's just it though...the beauty of it is that you find yourself like...'wait, i just almost believed that, ****.' and you see how easy it is to fall into beliefs you don't truly feel. That's all part of what makes it great though, going through the journey of belief yourself.
Quote by PaperStSoapCo
i think most people are like, "yeah man! those niggers had it comin'! lol that movie is so bad ass!"

...but the ending where the black kid kills the white skin head kinda ruins the moral...

Dude, It was based on a true story... what do you expect?
i have a bunch of friends who love that movie and think
it's all cool cause they do racist stuff. they totally miss
the point that it's about how bad those things are. they
forget how he turns around in the end. they forget that
his brother get shot the **** up in the bathroom for his
behavior. it's not about how "cool" it is to be racist. people
are just stupid.
Quote by Jackintehbox
Pedophilia all the way man. Go for it.

Quote by deathbat831
hahaha i thought you wrote Philidelphia all the way, i was like yeah philidelphias cool i spose

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
I'm always too embarrassed to buy condoms. Saran wrap is cheaper, anyway.
Quote by PaperStSoapCo

That's true about alot of thing in the entertainment business that have to do with racism. I've been told that the Boondocks is about "Little n*****s making me laugh" and "It's just making fun of black people". I told both of these people that they completely miss the point and are no longer allowed to watch the show.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by clay pots
i have a bunch of friends who love that movie and think
it's all cool cause they do racist stuff. they totally miss
the point that it's about how bad those things are. they
forget how he turns around in the end. they forget that
his brother get shot the **** up in the bathroom for his
behavior. it's not about how "cool" it is to be racist. people
are just stupid.

Doesn't he turn back to a skinhead
Page 1 of 2