Just Recently i was reading an article on dimebag darrel. ive always had a thing for his music and how he played. but since reading the article, i became inspired. he was a person. an actual person. and above all, he didnt act like someone who was as famous as him. he was just himself. and i got to thinkin, "man thats how i want to be described if i become famous. then i started picking apart all the badass guitarist i know about. and i picked them apart. jimi hendrix.one word describes hime to me. whoopie(in a sarcastic tone

yeah he could play but he didnt become really famous until he died. curt cobain, same story. am i supposed to recognise someone and worship them because they died and played guitar? if i die right now, and someone comes across my songs will i become famous, even in death? people saying antonio rocks, y couldny u figure it out when i was breathin??

i hate people who just follow the trends, as a matter of fact i hate the trends themselves. dont get me wrong, satriani and vai can play, but i wouldnt go through the trouble of listening to them just cuz they can play really fast! my "Heroes" are not only good, but they are from my generation. i recognize people like rhodes and paige, but i dont idolize them because i didnt grow up on them. i grew up with these guys and have admired their playing for years.

Synester Gates-A7X- he is pretty badass to me because all of his solos give the already kick ass song that much more of a boost. they are like a song all its own and the fact that he uses mainl chromatic **** and long chained sweeps and a wonderful ear for harmonies has always caught my ear

Matt Heafy-Trivium- This Guy Is The ****!!!!!Hes A year older than me and is already working on his 4th album. VERY BLUESEYand then goes into some amazing arpeggios are just a tast of his technique. the best way to describe hime would be to listen to the song titled "the Crusade" if u havent heard it, then u havent heard such diverse playing styles in a 8 min package

Dimebag Darrell- First off , i recognise hime for his talent, not his death. to be honest i didnt even know who he was when he died. but after listening to some pantera i fell in love with the guy. solos with no ryhme or rythm, and some are fairly easy to play(cowboys from hell, Walk) they still sound great because of his bluesy, yet dont give a **** style

Michael Angelo Batio- Very much like the other virtuosos (vai and satch) he caught me in a way they didnt. he soloed over music that i actually like. u gotta see his stuff on youtube. twoneck guitar and the guy harmonizes with himself.....UPSIDE DOWN!!!

reason im writin so much is cuz i want to know who ur fav guitarists are, and y. please no lame answers like "cuz their cool!!" i wanna know what about this guy (or girl) made them a hero in ur book

and if u have comments about what i said earlier, be a man and let me know
Michael Trent Reznor. Because hes a musical genious who made it through tough times and made amazing emotional music and made it big. And also, cuz hes cool!
Quote by Sicko 21X7

at least you admitted that you never heard of dime before he died.

IMO - TRIVIUM SUCKS
GUITARS:
Fender Strat w/ Seymour duncans
Agile Explorer w, SD livewire metal
Fender Telecaster w/ hot rail

PEDALBOARD:
Boss chromatic tuner
Ibanez weeping demon
*Digitech Whammy*
MXR Smart Gate
satriani and vai can play, but i wouldnt go through the trouble of listening to them just cuz they can play really fast!

Man, i can understand u say that about satriani but about Steve vai i don't feel so, have u ever hear him playing For The Love Of God? that song isn't even a little fast but it has so much feeling.

And about Hendrix how the f*** can u say that, hes GOD even if he become famous after his dead do you feel like the only reason to play guitar is to be famous? man that's a so much a POP actittude...
Quote by Sicko 21X7

Ok, The afore mention guitarist you listed are overrated IMO, BUT don't let my opinion change how you view them. If its one thing I've come to learn it is that if you are truly inspired by someone, then it doesn't matter what others say. So keep being inspired good sir.

As for me

Paul Waggoner - He changed the way I looked at music. Plain and simple. He may not have the ridiculous speed of Shawn Lane or some ridiculous tapping techniques, but after hearing his music, I was inspired to better myself as a musician and explore other musical realms with an open mind.

Allan Holdsworth - The first time I heard City Nights I nearly shat myself. I was floored by his amazing control of his instrument and how beautiful his music was. Although he could play blazingly fast, he also had an unbelievable control of his phrasing. To this day, I can't listen to City Nights without being in pure awe.

Dan Weller and Pin - These two have made probably some of the most intense music I've ever heard. Their use of tapping for melody is amazing. The tapping section on Scent of the Obscene and Summer Rain are beyond words. They fit so well in the song and accent the mood of the piece as a whole. The intro in Skies of the Millennium Nights also blew me away at how well they worked together and how everything they played complemented the other.

Kit Wray - The music this man creates is just heavy. Not only that, he has made some of the most epic music I have ever heard. The dark passages he creates are just so amazing. The clean guitar part on Prologue is still one of my favorite dark passages in any song.

Davide Tiso - This is the other man who floors me with his dark and jazzy passages. His playing is just so dark but so enticing. Its almost like magic (I know that sounded cheesy) hearing the passages he creates in music.

Honorable Mentions
Joe Pass
John Coltrane
Guthrie Govan
Shawn Lane
Jodi Fisher
Alex Skolnick (Alex Skolnick Trio work, not testament)
Both the guys from Meshuggah (I forgot how to spell their names =P)
Frank Gambale
Andy Mckee
Ron Jarzombek
and many many more
And you can't spell funeral
without fun
hope you had a good time
cuz now your life is done
Quote by Kodebreak
Man, i can understand u say that about satriani but about Steve vai i don't feel so, have u ever hear him playing For The Love Of God? that song isn't even a little fast but it has so much feeling.

And about Hendrix how the f*** can u say that, hes GOD even if he become famous after his dead do you feel like the only reason to play guitar is to be famous? man that's a so much a POP actittude...

im not really playing to be famous, i was just trying to push the point that nobody is really all that famous until they die tragically . it pisses me off . how come they couldnt become that big when they were alive. i play guitar and write music knowing full well nobody outside of my town may never know the name of my band. but if i become famous, i want it to be because of who i am, not what i was.

thanks for the feed back
Quote by ibanezguitarkid
at least you admitted that you never heard of dime before he died.

IMO - TRIVIUM SUCKS

im not too big on lying. ill admit tiv kinda pissed me off with the james hetfield attempt on the vocals but the playing on that album as a whole blew me away

thanks for the feed back