Ive been playing about 8 months. My gear now is a RG2ex1, Palomino V8, MXR M-108 Eq, Digitech Bad Monkey. I will be getting a ISP Decimator in the next month and a TS-9 sometime soon. What should I upgrade after that? I was thinking either another guitar like a ESP, Schecter or Jackson with like some HZ's in them or maybe just some new pickups in my RG. Is my RG worth the new pickups? Any other thoughts on my next move?
that's a crapload of stuff for your time playing. i'd suggest not looking into different stuff so much, and focus on more playing ha.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Personally, I think if you already have a Bad Monkey, then you wouldn't need a TS-9. If it were a TS-808, then yeah. But I'd just save the money for something else.

As for what to do, you could save up for a new amp, or buy a new guitar. I wouldn't swap out the pickups on your current one. As for which one, whichever one works best for you. Play around and see what feels right to you.
Focus on playing and in about a month or two get a wah pedal
Quote by thefitz
Interesting. It turns out that there are people on the forum who play an upright bass. I'll make a note of that.

*makes note*

*puts note on wall*

*stares at note for a minute*

*sits back down and resumes doing what I was doing*
Quote by Titans36
Ive been playing about 8 months. My gear now is a RG2ex1, Palomino V8, MXR M-108 Eq, Digitech Bad Monkey. I will be getting a ISP Decimator in the next month and a TS-9 sometime soon. What should I upgrade after that? I was thinking either another guitar like a ESP, Schecter or Jackson with like some HZ's in them or maybe just some new pickups in my RG. Is my RG worth the new pickups? Any other thoughts on my next move?

god dam.... ive been playing for nearly 4 years... and ive got a decent guitar (PRS SE) and a decent amp (el-cheapo 30 watt tube) and 1 pedal... and one acoustic...

concentrate more on your playing... i think youre set on your equip for a while...

but if you need more... a wah... or a volume pedal
sell everything, keep your guitar, your amp, and get the TS-9
and plz, swear to me and everybody else here you wont get HZ's willingly, in about a year/couple of months, get a wah pedal
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
Quote by UnsignedRecords
that's a crapload of stuff for your time playing. i'd suggest not looking into different stuff so much, and focus on more playing ha.

I play from 2-6 hours everyday. I feel good about my progression and just want to get better sound. I guess I am set on pedals except for the decimator. I guess its either amp or guitar. I just got the amp and I like it alot. I like my guitar but I see some other guitars that make me wanna sell a kidney!
Quote by ChaoticVengence
sell everything, keep your guitar, your amp, and get the TS-9
and plz, swear to me and everybody else here you wont get HZ's willingly, in about a year/couple of months, get a wah pedal

+1
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
Yeah please don't get HZs they're HORRIBLE, as are Selects, ew.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com