Basically, I'm not getting what I want from my gear at the moment, and I'll be moving to uni in September, so I need a combo and a nicer guitar to take with me.

The list of stuff I have at the moment:

Dual Recto (3 channel)
Orange 4x12 cab
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Goldtop
Boss ME-50
BBE Sonic Stomp

I'm looking to pretty much get rid of all this and start again, possibly with a nice Orange combo and a Telecaster.

To sum up, I was wondering how much would I get for this gear (all in pretty good condition) and what combos people would suggest for nice cleans and light/medium overdrive? If I've missed anything, my bad. Any help would be much appreciated.

EDIT: I live in the U.K btw.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

If you sell all your guitars and amp (keep the cab) you would probably have enough to buy an orange head and the telecaster.
Check ebay's completed listings to see if you'll get enough for it.
If not, try selling them locally.
Quote by Chikitty_China
Good lord. You are amazing.

Quote by Jestersage
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
I'm wanting to downgrade volume and size wise as well, the 4x12 and 100 watts of tube amp is too big for any man, let alone taking it to uni haha. So the cab has to go as well I'm afraid, as nice as it is.

Quote by ETHANEVIL

I've lost count of how many times I've suggested Peavey Classics to people today but in my opinion they are awesome for, as you put it, light-medium OD with good cleans. Give one a try, I think you might like it. I've heard good things about the Fender Blues Junior aswell but not tried one myself. From what I've heard though you may want an OD with that.
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
gogogo ac30!!!!
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Thats alot of gear! well, the efx and the epi won't give you much, only about 500, and the dual recto and the cab may give you about 2500, so you are looking at about 3000 dollars give or take. If you get an american tele and a rocker 30 combo, that should give you a few extra bones to spend
Quote by Highwaytohell
Thats alot of gear! well, the efx and the epi won't give you much, only about 500, and the dual recto and the cab may give you about 2500, so you are looking at about 3000 dollars give or take. If you get an american tele and a rocker 30 combo, that should give you a few extra bones to spend

He is in the UK so he can get a ton more for his Mesa since they are rediculously overpriced.
Orange Tiny Terror and a 1x12 I hear is quite excellent. Also, if you're not opposed to pedals, look into the Epi VJ, the Fender Champ amps, and a load of other small combos are out there with not a whole lot of features, just pure tone. And, if you check Gear B&C, there's a thread that call1800ksmyazz has somewhere advertising him selling modded VJs, which come with loads of cool features.

I'd maybe keep the ME-50 if you want multi effects without having to buy a bunch, but definitely look into some overdrive pedals.

I hope I'm not thinking too small here, but it seems to me that you'll want room level volume, possibly room-mate level volume. From my experience, you can't go wrong with a Fender Blues Junior, and I hear the Champ is quite similar to that. Check these amps out.

If you wanna go bigger, check out the Orange Rocker 30, the Peavey Classic 30, Those 18 watt Marshall clones, and a whole load of other things.
Not sure how much that will bring in, but a MESA should be enough to buy all this stuff and have loads left over.

And if you're looking at Telecasters, I'd check out the Thinlines, and the B-bender tele, which has phenomenal cleans, an extra middle pickup, and a b-bender, which is sort of a novelty but it's still really cool.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
In the UK, with a low cost, low wattage, presumably Classic Rock based amp?

Here's the shortlist:

Orange Tiny Terror (+ Orange PPC112) - About £420 with cab I think. Vintage Marshall tone.
Laney VC15 - Voxy kind of OD, Voxy cleans. 10" speaker, 15w. Medium gain tops. £210.
Fender Pro Jr - Fendery... £250, 15w, 10" speaker... I don't think it has any sort of Master.
Fender Blues Jr - 15w, 12", Has Master Vol, reverb etc... fendery... £320ish?
Laney VC30 - 30w, 1x12/2x10/2x12, Voxy voicing, medium gain tops, £300 for 1x12.
Peavey Classic 30 - 30w, 1x12, Sort of Marshall/Vox voicing to it, £380, nice crunch + clean.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Blues Junior, or keep the cab and use an Orange Tiny Terror. That Dual Recto should get you quite a bit if you sell it in the UK...
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
^yea, i was just about to say that when i read ur post lol.
Half Man, Half Bearpig! I am Super Sereal!

Quote by jravolta
Every time the Jonas Brothers play, an innocent in Darfur is killed.

lol diversity in UGers:

Quote by i have to pee
I am not 12, but my sack is still hairless.

Quote by magnum1117
my balls are hairy as chewbacca's...
Thanks for all the suggestions and help so far, I've compiled a list of all the ones so far:

Peavey Classic
Epiphone VJ
Fender Blues Junior
Orange AC30
18 watt Marshall Clone of sorts
Orange Tiny Terror + 1x12
Fender Champion
Laney VC15/vc30
Fender Pro Junior

Anything else I should try out/research? I want to keep away from using a cab at all if possible, even if it means a speaker change in the combo.

Also, any thoughts on Vox's combos and the Fender Hot Rod Deluxe?

I probably won't keep the Boss ME-50 either, I don't use half the stuff on it, and what I do use doesn't sound half as good as a dedicated seperate pedal.

There's a Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier on ebay now with a bid of £890, which would do me nicely considering I bought it for £650.

Quote by ETHANEVIL

thats a good list of amps to look at, though i might throw out the peavey. its a great value on this side of the pond, but over there its a bit overpriced. getting the laney vc30 and spending the difference on a nice od pedal is probably a better idea. i mean i love the classic, its just not a great value for you.

also, the harley benton ga5 (or something like that) is similar to the epi vj. i hear its easier to find in the uk, so looking into that might work as well.
^^^ Dont you mean Vox AC30?
Anyways, I would deffinatly reccomend the AC30 CC2. Stunning amps and pretty much exactly what you want tonally.
Main Gear:

Santiago S3 Spanish Classical
PRS CE22 Mahogany
Mesa/Boogie F-50 combo w/ G12K-100
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus V2
EHX SMMwH
Quote by dullsilver_mike
Why sell the sonic stomp? That's a nice pedal to have with any amp and guitar.

I really just want to go back to basics, get a nice clean and overdrive sound with just an amp and an axe, then add OD etc. if I need it.

+thanks for all the info again guys, much appreciated.

Quote by ETHANEVIL