Page 3 of 10
Quote by clancy256
i have the version from Time to Pretend
is that the good one?

in my opinion it is! dont get me wrong, i like the version from oracular. i like that its now played with a full band (and it does sound pretty sick live). but i think the recording itself is just sloppily made and a little to raw
Call me poppy, but electric feel is an awesome song (bit slow on the uptake I know). I'll try to get my hands on orracular I guess.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
So my friends are getting into this band. So I must opine.

Time To Pretend is catchy, but to me they are the same as Vampire Weekend. Technically they make good catchy songs, but it is very one dimensional. It isn't something that I would listen to alone. With friends, in the car, dancing, yeah...but not on my own...
I updated the first post by adding more songs.
-\_/-
Quote by Fred1000000
BlackZeppelin is like Ghandi. With a bigger sense of humor.
it's the silence between the notes that makes the music.
im kinda choked cause i heard electric feel on the radio today. they introduced it as a new song, which it is, but i hope it doesnt get over played like every other song on there. i'd much rather get sick of a song by playing it way too many times because i wanted to. haha. not because the radio played it too many times.

but they have a lot of songs that are hard to get into.

i wa also thinking today that they kinda got a modern Beatles sound to them...anyone agree?

oh yah...and i heard both versions of kids and the time to pretend one is much, much better
~ Purchase your tickets; I'm kicking your crosses down ~
Quote by clancy256

oh yah...and i heard both versions of kids and the time to pretend one is much, much better

hands down.
-\_/-
Quote by Fred1000000
I like them a lot, but since I've seen them live I've been thinking differently about them. Their live performance isn't as good as it could be.
Quote by madefortvmovie
just thought id recommend that everyone check out their website, whoismgmt.com

its the trippiest site ever... explosions of neon color, scribbling, etc.

it must be pretty because it won't even load on my computer...
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
They just ptu a new EP on itunes its a song thats 13:50 long and is called Metanoia
Is that only for Itunes?
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
Quote by RabidBeaver
They just ptu a new EP on itunes its a song thats 13:50 long and is called Metanoia

Quote by RabidBeaver

Quote by RabidBeaver

we get it, fuck.

thanks for the info though.
-\_/-
Quote by Fred1000000
Haha i didn't mean to post that many my computer started goign insane when i tried posting. My B
MGMT's best song is definitely not "Time to Pretend", but I'd buy the album. They have good songs that are very catchy. They aren't inaccessible and they have enough credibility. They are indie rock's new psychedelic music.
OH MY GOD.

if i lived in America I would so see Beck and MGMT together.
but alas i'm in Australia.

where they are having an over 18 gig.

*Bump*

they've moved the venue to festival hall
where the balcony is general admission.

hmm.

i can go now.
yay.

are they good live? i've seen some videos and it looks pretty exciting.
I saw them on a late night show once...

they wore capes...

I think it's safe to say they are extrordinanry live

jk but I would love to see them aswell
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
Quote by Hendrix_fan_14
OH MY GOD.

if i lived in America I would so see Beck and MGMT together.
but alas i'm in Australia.

thats probobly the greatest tour ever

now that I think about Beck and MGMT are so similar and I love them both
I saw them with Radiohead. (YAH I KNOW)

as much as i love MGMT

they are not great live.
i thought they were decent live.
i'm not really a huge fan of the band either.
Quote by Jaret Reddick
wake me up when september ends makes me cry evry time!

emos forever
:-(
i guess. it sounds nothing like the album....but it sounds so different that songs like "Kids" and "Time To Pretend" lose there magic.

i only saw it at Reading Festival.
Dude, their CD is great. They are a great band in the making, just give them time.
"Weekend Warrior" and "The Youth" are among some of the best songs ive heard in a while.
I wouldn't consider myself a fan but I was impressed by their set at Reading. Their live show is more like a straight band set-up, in comparison to the studio versions which are more synth-layered. band
I wanted to see their show when they were here in April. Living in a bar town it was a 21+ show, so I couldn't go.

Curses, and they're not touring here with Beck either.
This is just sadness D:
where do you live?^

So my friend is seeing MGMT live and i'm not.
I don't really want to fork over $200 to go to this festival who MGMT is the only bad I really know and like.
Awesome, cheers!

Who's seeing them on the UK tour? 10th November in Birmingham for me. Me and my mate are planning on going dressed as Andrew 'n' Ben with the ponchos, crazy sunglasses etc.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

FUZZY FLATPICKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Enjoy occasionally controversial ramblings related to guitars? I have a blog which meets these criteria.
Hey guys. Ive tabbed out Weekend Wars on guitar pro and i think its pretty accurate. It took me days and i slowed the whole thing down to half speed to get the picking pattern. I would appreciate it if anyone who can go on the tab approval forum could accept the tab because its taking ages.
Are You Shpongled..?
When I hear weekend wars I think of Ween which can only be a good thing.
She Had An Abortion That She Made Me Pay For
I just got Oracular Spectacular, and I was impressed. Makes me wanna hop on a surfboard and zoom through some tunnels made of dolphins or something.
¤¤¤†¤¤¤

Quote by 'idioldude'

your a fucking retard i know how sinister is spelled but that is not how he spells his stage name it is synyster

Butthurt fanboys FTL