I play stuff like Deftones, Korn, System Of A Down, Tool, Pantera, Metallica, Joe Satriani, Dream Theatre, Porcupine Tree, Biffy Clyro, Interpol, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, The Strokes, Smashing Pumpkins, Nine Inch Nails, Neil Young, Jimi Hendrix, The Doors, Mastodon and so on. I already have a shred guitar...Maverick F-1(in my opinion the best guitar ever made), I have a solid knuckle duster guitar...Epiphone Les Paul Custom 1979, A homemade Tele style guitar with a Rosewood neck and fret board with two John Birch humbuckers, A squire Strat, and a Fender Acoustic.
But I'm stuck as to whether I should buy maybe this.......

http://www.fender.com/products//search.php?partno=0110402712

.....Or this

http://www.schecterguitars.com/index.asp

Which wouldn't be a whole lot different from the Epiphone, just much better and with differences in the looks obviously, feel, and tonal capabilties, due to its pick ups and woods.

I'm considering purchasing the strat cause' there just plain awesome...especially the ones with with maple necks. The new 2008 edition looks even better and the price is seems to be ultra low for something so undeniably brilliant.
But also because it will offer that other sound that maybe I've been looking for to fill that gap of Biffy Clyro, Jimi Hendrix Yeah Yeah Yeah's and The Strokes.

Has anyone encountered similar circumstances?
Last edited by AngryGoldfish at Feb 10, 2008,
Sure if you really think you need one. But yes if you're going to get it anyway go for the strat and not the schecter, since you're only looking for a guitar to get Hendrix sound right? Instead of a guitar maybe an amp. What kind of amp do you have?

2004 MIM Strat w/ Fender Hot Noiseless pickups
Sovtek MiG 60
Avatar 2x12 w/ Celestion Greenbacks
Snark Tuner
MXR Custom Comp
Fulltone Full-Drive 2
Dunlop JHM3 Univibe
TC electronic Nova Delay
TC electronic Arena Reverb
I have a VOX AD30VT. Amps are always very important to me but I've looked around quite a bit, maybe not as much as I could of done mind you, and decided that unless I forked out over 1500 euro (2000 dollars) I may as well just stick with the amp I have. I won't be able to find much better quality unless I step into the half stack Randalls and Marshalls and I'd rather get a guitar than an amp anyway.
I don't think I want the HSS versions. I would rather have all single coils. I know there would obvioulsy be more diversity in the version equipped with a humbucker but I love the sound of a single coil in the bridge! Just that scratch and scraunch when smack a dropped D string! But I love the soaking wet sound of the slippery neck pickup as well, a single coil of course.
Quote by AngryGoldfish
I don't think I want the HSS versions. I would rather have all single coils. I know there would obvioulsy be more diversity in the version equipped with a humbucker but I love the sound of a single coil in the bridge! Just that scratch and scraunch when smack a dropped D string! But I love the soaking wet sound of the slippery neck pickup as well, a single coil of course.

oops, i didnt read your whole post. go for it then, get the SSS american strat. or look into the fender lite-ash strat, it is a mexi, which isnt bad, but it is an absolute steal for the price.
My Gear:
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat
Vox AD30VT
Big Muff Pi.
As always, it comes down to one question. Well, in this case two.
One: will the squier suffice for the music you speak of? If yes, save for you next amp or something. If not...
You already think you'll benefit more from the guitar than the amp. So that takes out what what would have been a third question. So...
Three: Go play the guitars! Find out if you actually like the sounds you can get out of each one. See if they feel good in your hands. (Which schecter, btw? the link is for the index page). If you like one, <i>then</i> see if it suits your needs. For example, I've yet to get a strat because the necks never felt right and the sound just doesn't work for me. Maybe a rosewood fretboard could do something about that though, seeing as I'm not big on maple fretboards. I can't play a guitar if I don't like the natural tone. I can distort it all I want, eq it all I want, but if it's wrong it's wrong. Make sure it sounds good before you buy it.
Don't let us decide for you. If you've got cash to burn why the he*l not, but I'd still check it out first.
Theres too many Fenders that look so damned good! Its hard to choose really. I want to pay about a 1000 euro's no more. Which I think is about 1300 dollars, I'm not sure though. I know I can get a Standard Strat for 900 euro with a maple neck.
Quote by AngryGoldfish
Theres too many Fenders that look so damned good! Its hard to choose really. I want to pay about a 1000 euro's no more. Which I think is about 1300 dollars, I'm not sure though. I know I can get a Standard Strat for 900 euro with a maple neck.

standard for that much! dang!
My Gear:
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat
Vox AD30VT
Big Muff Pi.
I know what your saying I have played a Fender American Strat the older version exstensively(I borrowed it off my uncle) That guitar was wonderful to play and it sounded great, even with an old amp. But that guitar is now more than ten years old and if he was to resell it, it would be double the price due to its authenticity and character that comes along with ages woods.
Some may say that you can't faulter the tones on any Fender, even my Squire sounds more than adequate. The only problem with them is the electronics and some poor build characteristics due to its low price. I bought it from Argos, I home development catalogue place and it served me well but I don't enjoy playing lead on Strats very much. I just love the sound of one string riffs and that fluid playability.
Quote by guitar_infidel
standard for that much! dang!

Well you see these are Europian prices, guitars are often cheaper in the States. Particularly Fenders and Gibsons.
Quote by Nightfyre
As always, it comes down to one question. Well, in this case two.
One: will the squier suffice for the music you speak of? If yes, save for you next amp or something. If not...
You already think you'll benefit more from the guitar than the amp. So that takes out what what would have been a third question. So...
Three: Go play the guitars! Find out if you actually like the sounds you can get out of each one. See if they feel good in your hands. (Which schecter, btw? the link is for the index page). If you like one, <i>then</i> see if it suits your needs. For example, I've yet to get a strat because the necks never felt right and the sound just doesn't work for me. Maybe a rosewood fretboard could do something about that though, seeing as I'm not big on maple fretboards. I can't play a guitar if I don't like the natural tone. I can distort it all I want, eq it all I want, but if it's wrong it's wrong. Make sure it sounds good before you buy it.
Don't let us decide for you. If you've got cash to burn why the he*l not, but I'd still check it out first.

It was the Schechter C-1 Classic by the way.
I've never seen any of those guitars in Europe at all. Maybe I just never spotted them but I don't think they are sold over her. I've read about them but never seen reviews in Europian magazines or noticed any local or larger bands using them.