Page 1 of 2
I'm getting sick of it. My parents keep yelling at me to come listen to some shitty music, it's starting to piss me off. They always think such I'm the music person in the house I have to hear every crap song that comes on the tv. It's mainly my dad, he's always yelling for me to come see somethin, it gets on my nerves really bad.

anyone else have family like this?
Bruce Springsteen beat Metallica, Rush, Satriani, and Vai. Timberlake beat Paul McCartney, Seal, and john mayer. There's more Im not even going to mention. Ive given up caring.
Quote by The4thHorsemen
I'm getting sick of it. My parents keep yelling at me to come listen to some shitty music, it's starting to piss me off. They always think such I'm the music person in the house I have to hear every crap song that comes on the tv. It's mainly my dad, he's always yelling for me to come see somethin, it gets on my nerves really bad.

Hey be nice. Your Dads trying to connect with you. Dont be an ass. "SON I HAVE AN ITCH, SCRATCH IT. MY THIRST FOR ELECTROLIGHTS IS NOT SATISFIED. BRING MY ELIXIR. CHRISTY CHRIST CHRISTY"
WHAT ARE YOU DOING ON UG!?!? GO WATCH THE FUCKING GRAMMIES!!!

You fool.
<Han> I love Hitler
Grammys = rob the good songs for the crappy ones that the retards in LA like
Quote by saxaxe
Bruce Springsteen beat Metallica, Rush, Satriani, and Vai. Timberlake beat Paul McCartney, Seal, and john mayer. There's more Im not even going to mention. Ive given up caring.
Springsteen>Metallica, Rush, Satriani, and Vai
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
if a favorite band of mine is nominated, i wouldn't even know if they won or not because they don't show any of the winners other than the mainstream bands. modern music pisses me off
Gear
Epiphone Black Les Paul Standard with gold Grover tuners
Fender Mexican Electric Blue Stratocaster
Line 6 Spider Jam
Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble
Boss CS-1 Compression/Sustainer
Slayer won for a crappy song, I'm pissed, Machine Head should have won
OAKLAND A's - 9 TIME CHAMPS!!

DUKE BLUE DEVILS - 4 TIME CHAMPS & 19 TIME ACC CHAMPS!!

OAKLAND RAIDERS - 4 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS - 3 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

SAN JOSE SHARKS - NONE LOL!!
Quote by element4433
Springsteen>Metallica, Rush, Satriani, and Vai

Rush is better than that which you will ever lick the runny feces of.
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
Quote by orion284
if a favorite band of mine is nominated, i wouldn't even know if they won or not because they don't show any of the winners other than the mainstream bands. modern music pisses me off

Every single one of your bands is modern and mainstream.
Does Radiohead have any nominations?
This is what you get.
This is what you get.
This what you get when you mess with us.
Quote by poopsmith666
Rush is better than that which you will ever lick the runny feces of.

So it's better than nothing? Ok. Genious.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
peacefrog, me and my dad connect just fine, we spend a lot of time together and get along pretty good, I'm past the stage of being a rebellious angry teenager (though I am 17). But I refuse to go listen to people bastardize Proud Mary, Let It Be, and other great classics that have been driven into the ground.
Quote by saxaxe
Bruce Springsteen beat Metallica, Rush, Satriani, and Vai.

For a good reason.

The only thing that pissed me off was The White Stripes beating the Arcade Fire for Best Alternative Album. I love Jack and Meg, and 'Icky Thump' was a great album, but 'Neon Bible' blows it out of the water.

Kayne's performance was awesome.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
Quote by The4thHorsemen

Yeah... my parents, well, especially my grandparents think I like any and all s***ty music. I have a fondness for all things musical. One time my grandmother asked me if I played country. I know that old people aren't all too familiar with todays music, but rock has been around for over half a century. So why would the first thing that people in my family assume a guitar player plays is country? (my grammar sucks today)

That and my parents... the other night my dad was chatting me up about Conway Twitty... f*ck me running...

Whatever. I blast rock and metal (sometimes blues) music all damn day, and THAT is what people take away from it.
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
Last edited by PaperStSoapCo at Feb 10, 2008,
Well Alicia Keys just got 1,000,000 times cooler with a John Mayer blues improv. guitar solo. Brad Paisley was spot-on as well.

The grammies don't seem too bad this year.

Plus I was reminded how utterly f***able Beyonce was.
"Music is an expression. Not competition." ~ Woe, Is Me

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
Yeah I think these grammys were pretty decent. Alicia Keys and John Mayer rocked, the Foos kicked ass and so did Brad Paisley, the one thing I didn't like is the constant hyping of Amy Winehouse. Does anyone else think she's not nearly as talented as they make her out to be?
Quote by Callicut
Yeah I think these grammys were pretty decent. Alicia Keys and John Mayer rocked, the Foos kicked ass and so did Brad Paisley, the one thing I didn't like is the constant hyping of Amy Winehouse. Does anyone else think she's not nearly as talented as they make her out to be?

I never thought she had any talent to begin with, but that's just my opinion.
"Music is an expression. Not competition." ~ Woe, Is Me

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
Yeah I kind of feel like that too, but I figured maybe someone else sees something I don't.
"I just got handed an award from a Beatle, that happened to you yet, Kayne?"

BRILLIANT!
I hate the people of UG who think that their music is the only good music. music that wins grammies wins it for a reason. think what you must, but IMO if an artist wins a grammy, they deserve that grammy.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
In rainbows Up for anything?
Rag Mop Do Do Duh DoDo Dedo Do!!!!!

R_A_G_G_M_O_P_P

RAGMOP
Deadline was October 1st, so Radiohead wasn't eligible.

Anyway, I'm upset that Tool, Satch, and Steven Wilson lost in their respective categories.
Quote by Red33
In rainbows Up for anything?

Don't think so. I think the cut-off date for having your album released was late September, and they released it on October 8th.
Quote by Its_Rock77
I hate the people of UG who think that their music is the only good music. music that wins grammies wins it for a reason. think what you must, but IMO if an artist wins a grammy, they deserve that grammy.

Not really. The Grammys are a bit of a sham. The fact that an album like The National's 'Boxer' wasn't given a nomination of any kind sort of speaks to that..

Quote by Thebiz
I never thought she had any talent to begin with, but that's just my opinion.

Agreed. And how the hell did she manage to beat out Feist for best pop vocal album? The Reminder was phenomenal.
Quote by Its_Rock77

Yeah I see what you mean but music is all subjective anyways so theres no way everyone or in all reality probably 40 % of everyone will agree with who wins.
Quote by Its_Rock77
Welcome to the Ultimate-Guitar Forums. Here, we believe that unless a song contains a guitar solo with Metal arpeggios, blues-influence and/or "epik bendz" on the high frets, it is emotionless, untalented and only "cocksuckers" like it.

[/joke]
Last edited by The Madcap at Feb 10, 2008,
Quote by The Madcap
I kinda like Amy Winehouse.

She has a very nice, original voice, but, like Kanye West (who I like a lot), I wish she'd learn to shut her mouth.
Page 1 of 2