i swear, amp companies made these things just to confuse customers

So i have this awesome Laney LV which just so happens to be a hybrid. i love its tone. i am not particularly interested in the response of: 'get a t00b amp lulz!1!'. i have played through and heard all tube amplifiers, and am very satisfied with my LV.

it sounds nice clean, awesome on low gain (blues, classic rock) but doesnt go high enough gain for my tastes. its not too far away, but when playing with my band the gain is always all the way to 10. our music isnt even that high gain, in comparison to t3h br00talz. i would like to be able to get a little bit more gain out of it, mostly to add more dynamics to the sound (via my volume knob, in the future a volume pedal) and for playing more metal.

the amp has, and i quote: 'beautiful tube driven preamp' according to Laney.co.uk which seems to suggest that i could use an overdrive, or boost pedal to drive the preamp harder, in the same fashion as a traditional all tube amplifier. is this true? if so, please suggest a pedal, or something i could use. i'm on a real tight budget, i wouldnt want to spend over $100. used is good. i would want it to have a very transparent tone to keep it as it sounds (obviously more gain ), maybe adjustable to add a little more low end (the bass is always at 10 also, but thats a separate conflict fixable with an EQ).

i was also planning to eventually replace the stock bridge pickup in my Ibanez with a Dimarzio The Breed. would this affect my situation at all?

thanks for at least reading this post.
Quote by lespaul#1
Indie stands for Industrial I think, like Marilyn Manson.

Ibanez RG2EX2 (Dimarzio Breed in bridge)
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Laney LV300T
Line 6 Toneport GX

The Falling Object Model
I have one aswell, it does have a very nice clean and slightly overdriven tone to it. I find that the 3rd channel on it absolutely crap though.

Its a great amp for blues and classic rock. Look at the BBE pedals
Ibanez RG570
USA Strat
Epi Les Paul

Peavey Classic 30
Epi Valve Jnr
Laney LV200
Boss ME50
Daddy O
DC Solid Metal
GNX 3000
yeah, its looking like replacing the distortion would be more practical than trying to boost it.

and ewisnor, i have tried the metal muff. its wonderful.
Quote by lespaul#1
Indie stands for Industrial I think, like Marilyn Manson.

Ibanez RG2EX2 (Dimarzio Breed in bridge)
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Laney LV300T
Line 6 Toneport GX

The Falling Object Model