I haven't wrote many songs on acoustic guitar before because I'm not very good at it, however, i have written many on electric. I would just like to know (in your own opinions) is there a difference as far as creating a song from the music standpoint? and what kinds of differences are there?
acoustic has more open chords
power chords are generally a no-no

and usually theyre a lot more expressive
Quote by fender351
acoustic has more open chords
power chords are generally a no-no

However, Kurt didn't know many open chords :p

Polly uses power chords :p
Quote by death_metaller
**** burzum XD

there i said it...kinda

edit: i do realise they are not here...so i kinda didnt say it...

fail
i'd say that generally, acoustic is just more for writing those soft songs that need the touch of an acoustic. theres just some things an electric cant do for you that an acoustic can.

by listening to different sounds, you can come up with different ideas and styles of songs.
ok, so no power chords, got it, so basically just alot of major and minor chords and alot of notes?
on acoustics using sus and 7th chords are a good idea. they sound funky and you can do a lot with them.
woah, I totally disagree with the no power chord thing, you can get a nive dark sound on an acoustic with pwoerchords, if that is what you are looking for.
sigh...
Quote by captivate
on acoustics using sus and 7th chords are a good idea. they sound funky and you can do a lot with them.

Any suggestions of what ones in particular? I've just started writing songs too and I'm looking for different chords to kind of mix things up.
no, you see, im actually too good with the darker sound, i want to make lighter more uplifting music with the acoustic now
you might just want to try putting a capo far down the neck and going through chord progressions.