Ok so Kanye just won the award for best Rap award.

Now, it may just be me but I think that they may have done it to possibly stop another out burst like at the british awards (I think it was them I may be completely wrong but it was a big one)

I'm not saying he's not good enough to win just that I think it's going to be impossible for anyone else to win while he's around and not neccessarily because he's the best but just because it's him.

Thoughts?

(Btw, I don't listen to Rap/Hip hop at all really so I'm not sure who I thought should've won or anything like that, this is just a theory)
Need Singing Advice?; Read the first page then ask questions.

Quote by punkman_123
Damn Auals, you're messed up. :P

Quote by ZanasCross
This just reminded me of the time that my brother in law texted his mom on the night after his wedding. All it said was "Consummated."
Kanye west needs to shut the fuck up. Conceited prick. fuck his mom
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
I don't even get what makes him so special. I, personally, think he sucks.
You're not brutal.

(click the smiley!)

How come some people can type '****' but people like me can't without censoring...?
Quote by death_metaller
**** burzum XD

there i said it...kinda

edit: i do realise they are not here...so i kinda didnt say it...

fail
I wonder how 50 Cent feels about this after Kanye's album selling more than his.
well in my opinion, kanye west is probably the only good rapper with substantial airplay. who was he up against? fucking soulja boi yell 'em?
Quote by ittakestwotokil
rap isn't music

an artistic form of auditory communication incorporating instrumental or vocal tones in a structured and continuous manner
Quote by Under_The_Oath
How come some people can type '****' but people like me can't without censoring...?

When you type shit you need to take a bbcode to bypass it. Quote the post and you'll see.
You're not brutal.

(click the smiley!)

Quote by Under_The_Oath

I don't know, but it's fucking unfair.
Administrator of the "Guitarists born in 1991 Club" PM me or greendayguitar to join.

Feel free to add me
Rap is never music but Kayne's been through alot by loosing his mother and he's a good "rapper" not musician though but the grammies completely suck
Quote by nasstyman
i don't do drugs but i fook like a pronstar and i drink like a fish and smoke like a chimney....
Quote by ittakestwotokil
rap isn't music

Lyrically he's one of the better rappers in modern hip-hop.

His arrogance is pretty bad, but it still doesn't change how he performs musically.
Rap isn't music so it doesn't deserve any awards.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by nebiru
Rap isn't music so it doesn't deserve any awards.

eye n0! wer r da gitarz?!lol!

Kanye deserved it. His performance was great.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
Quote by ittakestwotokil
rap isn't music

I'm sick of people like you.

Close minded people need to fucking die.

Edit: And Newdawn and Nebiru.
Quote by justen23
I made fun of the national guard in front of some kid that was in it. He tried to kill me but failed just like they always do.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
Haha, ass herpes.
Last edited by achristianrabbi at Feb 10, 2008,
Damn i didnt get flamed yet.
but i dont really think rap is as popular as everyone is imagining.
its popular, but it isnt really dominating the music world, imo

famous artists that make quality music will get recognized no matter what genre
RAP= Rhythm And Poetry, my friend.

Kanye West, an amazing artist. As far as his personality on tv goes... no thanks.
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
O CANADA!
Quote by achristianrabbi
I'm sick of people like you.

Close minded people need to fucking die.

Edit: And Newdawn and Nebiru.

hmm... hypocrisy?
Quote by bendystraw
hmm... hypocrisy?

No, the wold would be better off if people who were intolerant and have no respect for other people's opinions were gone.
Quote by justen23
I made fun of the national guard in front of some kid that was in it. He tried to kill me but failed just like they always do.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
Haha, ass herpes.
Quote by Alexishxc1337

Lyrically he's one of the better rappers in modern mainstream hip-hop.

fixed.

But then again, any decent rapper compared to soulja boy or t-pain or whatever will probably be consider god.

I dont even think he's a good lyricist tbh, he has the occasionally good line but nothing special, i love his beats though.
Quote by achristianrabbi
No, the wold(<what is a wold) would be better off if people who were intolerant and have no respect for other people's opinions were gone.

no it wouldn't. that is such a dumb thing to say you didn't even respect my opinion. *wormhole opens* whoa an equation! *looks inside* 18 divided my zero equals 32?
Yeahh....Kanye's really good. Graduation is a pretty good cd. Sure there's tonns of better hip hop out there now, but really do you expect any of it to get to the grammy's? The grammy's are only for certain people, Kanye's one of 'em. This year hasn't done too too much for rap either.
Quote by bendystraw
no it wouldn't. that is such a dumb thing to say you didn't even respect my opinion. *wormhole opens* whoa an equation! *looks inside* 18 divided my zero equals 32?

Also, people who point out typos need to GTFO.

And, I was explaining how it wasn't hypocrisy, not disagreeing with your opinion.

Did you see the American History X thread?

Hate breeds more hate.

And, these people said rap sucks without having a reason why, and in my opinion, that is the worst kind of hate.
Quote by justen23

Quote by SeveralSpecies
Haha, ass herpes.
Quote by cubs
fixed.

But then again, any decent rapper compared to soulja boy or t-pain or whatever will probably be consider god.

I dont even think he's a good lyricist tbh, he has the occasionally good line but nothing special, i love his beats though.

I can agree that his production is far superior to his lyrics.

But I'll still stick to the fact that his lyrics are very witty, and not every song is about flashyness and bangin' ho's and killing people.
Ok so everyone's staying off the topic.

I was asking, do you think that anyone will win any award against him while he's around?
Need Singing Advice?; Read the first page then ask questions.

Quote by punkman_123
Damn Auals, you're messed up. :P

Quote by ZanasCross
This just reminded me of the time that my brother in law texted his mom on the night after his wedding. All it said was "Consummated."
Quote by Auals
Ok so everyone's staying off the topic.

I was asking, do you think that anyone will win any award against him while he's around?

It depends. No one that is popular (there are underground rappers that can) really has a chance right now. His album makes fools of the competition.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
He's alright but he has a big ego.
MY GEAR
Bella
Ibanez Gio
Cube-20X
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Quote by Adz2706
the worst ive seen is a guy kick this other guy in the head repeatedly and had to be taken to hospital in a helicopter

Who the hell would build a Hospital inside of a Helicopter?
Quote by Alexishxc1337

Lyrically he's one of the better rappers in modern hip-hop.

That's not too hard to do, when everyone is rapping about the same stupid stuff. Every rapper talks about what a G they are, how much money they have and they say their name in every song, along with 'YO YO WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT"

Rap is a joke. It's nothing more than glorified spoken word. It's all hype.

Kanye West is an idiotic tool. "george bush hates black people".........Leave it to a complete dumbass to make an comment like that
I'm happy that he got it; I'm happy 50 cent didn't get it. Kanye deserved it more than the other nominees... and yeah people that say rap isn't music need to leave this thread.
“If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?”
- Scott Adams

No they don't, and UG is proof...
I don't know, but it's fucking unfair.

Yeah, fuck you man...
Quote by death_metaller
**** burzum XD

there i said it...kinda

edit: i do realise they are not here...so i kinda didnt say it...

fail
Quote by Ablazean
Fuck Kanye. Lil Wayne for president.

That alone makes this post high in WIN.
If morning's a bitch with open arms, night's a girl who's gone too far.

OMGWTFBBQ
grammys = mainstream.

'nuff said. you won't find the best music there i guarantee you.
PS3

Fear the LIME

X