My name is Brent.. I'm live in Ms. I have been playing everyday for about 6 months now. I have been using this site for learning my music.. It's been really helpful...I could really use help in all areas from chords to proper hand position.. so if you have any techniques,scales,power chords,etc that will help me become a better guitarist please let me know.. thanks for any and all help.
Hey there. Welcome to ultimate guitar. what kinda music do you like? and what chords do you already know? there are tons of lessons on here so it may be a little difficult to find which ones are good for you
well i know a,c,d,g,e,emaj,em,f,b,am,d7,g7 and just a couple of barre chords.. i listen to alot of alternative, staind,3days grace etc.. and have been practicing on the blues scale. but i would like to learn more barre chords and power chords.
Hey dude, posts like this belong in this thread

If we didn't have that thread, this whole forum would be spammed with these kinds of threads

Welcome to UG by the way.
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
one thing that helped me was getting a chord chart. you can get them almost anywhere with posters (i think mine came from walmart(but music stores would be the best first choice)). I cannot tell you haw many times i have needed to figure out a chord and just looked over on my wall to the chart.

in summary: chord chart=loads of help.
welcome.
Help Out A Dentist; Play Rugby

I have now met 1/5 of the original GNR lineup.
so far: Steven Adler
to go: Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff.

Quote by ReeseKillsHIV

You sir, are a nice person.
it sounds like you are off to a good start by learning your open position chords and beginning to learn the pentatonics. Remember that barre chords and power chords can move anywhere on your fretboard in the same position. Because guitar is such a broad art, you should ask in *exact* ways what you might want help with...for example, which hand, left or right do want advice on hand position? Is there a technique that an artist you like does that you don't know how to do? A certain sound that you don't know how to make? etc, etc.

But like everyone else said, welcome to UG! and remember you can post specific questions about technique in the Guitar and Bass Basics section.
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination
thanks for all the help......... i have a big chord book and it has helped me alot...... i am a right handed player. how long does it take your hand and fingers to adjust to streching?
Quote by brent2553
thanks for all the help......... i have a big chord book and it has helped me alot...... i am a right handed player. how long does it take your hand and fingers to adjust to streching?
it all depends on how big of a stretch you want...but for say a regular scale, it should only take you a few months at most...but again, that all depends on how fast your muscle memory is.
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination