The Palace Brothers, Bonnie 'Prince' Billy or just good ol' Will Oldham.

A while back a kick ass UG member just mentioned him and has made him my favorite folk/country artist ...ever!!! If I could get 1 fricking person to listen to this guy I will be happy as hell. I have posted before about good ol' Will but I wiil keep it going till as many people know about him as possible.

Cursed Sleep
I See Darkness
Agnes, Queen of Sorrow
Workhorse (No word can describe this...just Wow)
Horse (Too...brilliant, **must listen**)

Ah, hell just youtube Will Oldham, Bonnie 'Prine' Billy, The Palace Brothers and better your music appreciation!!
Quote by Fallon, Jones & Sage Francis

"By the way my name is Marcus. But if you like you can call me Sensei."

American Idol - or as I call it, the Gong Show Rip-Off

According to #Yeezuz, Kanye West is a god. As if I needed more reasons to be an atheist.
He's incredible.

I've currently been listening to Master and Everyone a lot. And I mean a lot. 'Ain't You Wealthy, Ain't You Wise?, 'Wolf Among Wolves' and 'Hard Life' are simply beautiful.

I think it's a good album to start with, even though it's just acoustic, as it's one of his most accessible albums and it's more melodic than his Palace-era recordings.

PS: am I the kick ass UG member?
Quote by xX*Zeppelin*Xx

PS: am I the kick ass UG member?

Indeed you are. That reccomendation added a HUGE artist to my snobbery.

I thank you good sir. Hehe

Mastery and Everyone rocks as well.

I have been learning "Hard Life". AWESOME song.

According to #Yeezuz, Kanye West is a god. As if I needed more reasons to be an atheist.
Has anyone else got Lie Down In Light? It took me a while to get into it, but I love it now. Fantastic album.
i really need to get Lie Down In Light and Ask Forgiveness. he has just put too much out recently and i chose Wilding In West and Wai Notes.

anyone seen Old Joy? i really want to pick it up, but can't bring myself to spend 25 dollars without someone recommending it to me first.
Quote by uhh_me?
anyone seen Old Joy? i really want to pick it up, but can't bring myself to spend 25 dollars without someone recommending it to me first.

Rent it first. I got it off of Netflix. It was pretty cool. Kind of slow at times. (I was fine with it but if I give reviews to people I don't know I make sure to include things like that. Heh). Very philosophical. I personally liked it.

I called you back

Someone just made a video using his song but you can still hear the whole thing in album version. Man if I could find a girl that could sing like that I could happily married. Too beautiful.

Last edited by Liam Alan at Jul 2, 2008,