Yeah Im gonna try to sell my spider and save up for a new amp any suggestions I need an amp that is good for Heavy Metal and can be heard over a drum set I was thinking maybe Marshall or Mesa or Randall any suggestions would be nice thanks.
Heavy Metal as in what bands?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I'd go with a Marshall if you really want to be heard.
Studies have shown that 92% of guitar players are close-minded. Copy this into your signature if you're part of the 8% who enjoy rap.
Peavey 5150, Mesa Mark IV. Price range?
Quote by bass-man9712
after i clicked all i could think was "please don't be goatse, please dont be goatse"

PSN: Effigyoferebus (feel free to add it)
Well, Lamb of God uses Mesa Mark IVs. I'm not sure about Job For a Cowboy, but they seem like Peavey 5150 users to me Who knows.

I wouldn't go with anything Marshall for those styles or Randall really unless your on a budget, then the RG50TC might be good for ya.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
"Marshall and Mesa and Randall" are all voiced completely differently. You need to play all of these amplifiers before buying one.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by HeavyMetalRadig
Im lookin in a price from maybe 300-600

Keep saving. You're not going to find a Mesa or Marshall in that price range, with the possible exception of a used JCM800/900 if you're very lucky.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by Archeo Avis
Keep saving. You're not going to find a Mesa or Marshall in that price range, with the possible exception of a used JCM800/900 if you're very lucky.

No you wouldn't find Mesa/Boogies or Marshalls in that price range. You will find a Randall RG50TC in that range though and with proper EQing and maybe even further EQing with a pedal, it would be perfect for those aforementioned bands.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
In that price range look at the B-52 AT-112
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
K thanks for the suggestions im gonna sell my spider and my crate half stack amp and save up my money and try to get something nice
Quote by HeavyMetalRadig
Im lookin in a price from maybe 300-600

Used 5150 combo? Maybe?
Member of the EHX Guild

Yamaha SG500B
Danelectro Fish 'n' Chips EQ
EHX Russian Big Muff
Roland Cube 30
Jake will suffice.

Join the revolution, GG&A.
If you like solid state amps, try the Fender Metal Head. Those things have gain like no other solid state amp I've ever heard, and they behave similar to tube (I own one). If you like tube, get an Engl Powerball or Fireball. They're expensive, but worth saving for. The gain on three crushes a Mesa Dual Rectifier on 5. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't heard it for myself.
Quote by forsaknazrael
used Mesa F-30's go from 500-700 bucks.

+1... great metal tone
“If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?”
- Scott Adams

No they don't, and UG is proof...