I start working at the movies tomorrow actually. I hear mixed things about it. Some people hate it. My cousin likes it. Where I work, we can get us and our friends free movies.
For me, it depended on the size. I started at a small four-theater and it was awesome, but then we moved into a 14-plex and it got too corporate, too monotonous for me.
Im working at a big ass movie theater at the mall.
Im kind of embarrased to work there, as my friends will see me there.
Well at least it should be better than working at walmart or something.
i work at a showcase cinemas in connecticut, and its pretty fun, im an usher. The managers arent the nicest people in my experience but the other ushers are pretty cool and I don't know of any other job where you kind of just hang out half the time.
uhhh gear.....
schecter 006 elite... ze red one..
line 6 hd150 head and 412 cab,
Quote by lpmarshall
Im working at a big ass movie theater at the mall.
Im kind of embarrased to work there, as my friends will see me there.
Well at least it should be better than working at walmart or something.

You can't work at Wal-Mart unless you are handicapped, old, or a minority.
I plays guitars.
Remember this phrase:

*tear ticket*

"That will be on your right/left, enjoy your show."

You'll do fine. Also, be prepared to clean massive quantities of spilled popcorn, soda, and baby sick.
Is it a bad thing if one of your testicles is larger then the other two?
I've worked at a theater for two years. I have to say, if they ever promote you to being a projectionist, that job kicks ass. Harder than it looks, but its definitely worth it. Unless something screws up. Then you're screwed.
In retrospect, the movies was a way cool job, what with free movies and popcorn, private screenings before the release dates, free posters, and cool staff. It's a pretty cool working environment.

Quote by The Madcap
That's what she said.

Boooyahh!
Good one!
Quote by Yagushgi
In retrospect, the movies was a way cool job, what with free movies and popcorn, private screenings before the release dates, free posters, and cool staff. It's a pretty cool working environment.

i've never worked at the movies before but id say if its anything remotely like that it beats the hell out of working at a busy retail outlet
My friend does. You are officially obliged to let your friends in free and get them free movie passes and if they aren't over 17, into R movies and if they aren't over 13... well, we'll assume you aren't a pedophile.

Anatomy Anatomy
Whale Blue Review

Park that car
Drop that phone
Sleep on the floor
Dream about me
Ya i work as an usher at a showcase now and i love it. Easiest job ever.
Yertle the Turtle was king of the pond.
A nice little pond. It was clean. It was neat.
The water was warm. There was plenty to eat.
The turtles had everything turtles might need.
And they were all happy. Quite happy indeed.
I think the job itself sounds like a pretty sweet gig. But from what friends of mine who have worked at theaters say, you don't paid worth **** :/.

Maybe that was just their experience though. I definately do not see why you should be embarassed to be 1. earning money 2. getting sweet movie benefits 3. getting caught performing sexual favors for a manager who just happens to be a couple decades older than you. Seriously, have some pride in what you do.
Quote by acjshapiro

Quote by Vrstone87

meh, I've listened to every radiohead album and honestly don't get what everyone loves about them.....

cause you're ****ing stupid