Alright my guitar is funky
and i just barely started playing a few months ago
well the only song i know is Reckless Kelly's "Crazy Eddies Last Hurrah" acoustic
i have a montana guitar
it does NOT sound right at all so i use a freinds guitar
The string vibrate to much and it sounds all fuked up and pisses me off!!!
and sounds way to high but ive had my freinds tune it and people i know in a band
What the hell is the problems its like its not worn out or something... should i wear the string or wdf?
if you can help me i'd realy freaken Appreciate the advice
Last edited by Dakotaxxx at Feb 10, 2008,
It could be many things, I would bring it to a luthier for sure. I had the same problem and it was my truss rod
i dont understand your problem do you mean the strings are vibrating and buzzing or they just dont sound like clear notes? could be technique or could be something wrong with or imparing the function and playability of the guitar but youre gonna have to be more descriptive of your problem for me to help you out. I mean is it possible you tuned your strings to the wrong octave or do you even no what that is? I will check back tomorrow.
Quote by anita prs bad
i dont understand your problem do you mean the strings are vibrating and buzzing or they just dont sound like clear notes? could be technique or could be something wrong with or imparing the function and playability of the guitar but youre gonna have to be more descriptive of your problem for me to help you out. I mean is it possible you tuned your strings to the wrong octave or do you even no what that is? I will check back tomorrow.

Vibrating and then it will buzz as if its hittin my frets or...bars You know what im saying on the neck blah blah

im telling you IM TOTALY new to this crap and i hardly know what n e thing is.. its like the strings are so new there not broke down yet or w/e its Realy high pitched like of noice its not soft like and old acoustic would be, and i just put new strings on it not even a month ago. its tune right i know because i trust the people who tune it and they excellent guitar players. IM not sure i'll have to get someone to look at it thank you for even replying to the thread.
Well that settles it go take it and get the action set that should alleviate the problem at a modest price provided there is nothing structually wrong with the neck ar guitar.Also make sure you are pushing down on the strings properly right behind the fret and not barely touching other strings wich can give you buzzes. Good luck keep practicing and there are people much smarter than me on this forum that will help you learn anything you cant find out by searching the forums.
how much did you pay for the guitar? i'm not familiar with that brand. just wanted to make sure you weren't going to spend $40-$100 setting up a guitar that isn't worth that much.
^see told yah one of the people smarter than me will help you lol. hes got a point if its an ultra cheap guitar and it is close to the 100 dollar mark to get it fixed perhaps best guitar under 300 thread will point you into the direction you need to go in other words buying a new or used quality guitar at an extra expenditure versus paying to set up a guitar that you will outgrow musically in 6 months.
Quote by jimtaka
how much did you pay for the guitar? i'm not familiar with that brand. just wanted to make sure you weren't going to spend $40-$100 setting up a guitar that isn't worth that much.

yea this acoustic piece of Crapp montana guitar costed 100$...it was cheap and i didnt get a choice it was just given

but thanx for advice i thought it would cost more