I am looking for the best and most cost effective online retailer for orange amps. I don't know which one I am getting yet, but I am looking for suggestions as far as retailers go.
Last edited by 1000cleverlines at Feb 11, 2008,
Humbucker Music if you live in the states
Gear:
Gibson X-Plorer Studio Yellow
Orange Tiny Terror
Orange PPC-112 Cab (2 stacked - 1 open backed)
MXR Phase 90
Fulltone OCD
Well that would be sweet, but are you going to be moving that 4x12 around? They're over 100lbs and awkward as hell. You'd be fine with a 2x12....

What will you be playing?
Gear:
Orange Tiny Terror
MXR Phase 90
Fulltone OCD
What kind of music will you be playing?
Where will you be playing this music?
Will you require an amp that features channel switching? (ie, clean to distortion immediately)
Gear:
Orange Tiny Terror
MXR Phase 90
Fulltone OCD
to be honest im still a beginner at all this stuff

i am playing a mix between indie rock and alternative and alittle experimental.
i wont be playing like huge venues, but i mean the places i usually play at are pretty good sized.
as far as channel switching, yes i will need it
Go with the Rocker 30 combo. If you feel you need an extra cab for it, get a 1x12 and have a mini-orange stack.
Gear:
Orange Tiny Terror
MXR Phase 90
Fulltone OCD
thanks man, all i knew was i wanted to go with orange. my boss was in a few bands that toured nation-wide a few times around and he told me to save up for an orange over the marshall half stack i was going to get.
Yeah that's a good call from your boss.

A half-stack is heavy to lug around. The 30 watts will be more than enough power for any area, and it sounds sexy.
Gear:
Orange Tiny Terror
MXR Phase 90
Fulltone OCD
humbuckermusic.com
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
just wondering what the difference would be between the rocker 30 and the 2x12 with the tiny terror, its 100$ cheaper to go with the 2x12 with the tiny terror, thats why i am wondering.
The tiny terror doesn't offer channel switching and is pretty much a dirt only amp. If that's what you're after (mild overdrive to full-blown distortion by playing with your volume knob on your guitar) then it's a perfect amp. If you want to go from crystal cleans to distortion, then the Rocker 30.
Gear:
Orange Tiny Terror
MXR Phase 90
Fulltone OCD