Ok, heres the thing. I just got my first tube amp, Marshall DSL 50 with a 1960a cab. I play in my bedroom and where I live I can crank it to around 2 in the afternoon and a bit higher in the daytime on the distortion channel. The thing is I really love the sound of it cranked up, so I was thinking up getting a hot plate to run it in the evenings but I have a question. I currently have it on 4 ohm on the amp and 4 ohm mono (all 4 speakers) on the cab. But what I want to know is if I should get the 4 ohm model or if I should switch my amp to 16 ohm and plug up 16 ohm on the cab and get the 16 ohm hot plate. Would it make any difference? I know the question sounds stupid but its alot of money to mess up.
The hotplate doesn't care what impedance cab is after it, so you can get any impedance your amp can put out. It's considered best to use the highest impedance you can, so I'd get the 16 ohm hotplate- you can set your amp to 16 ohms and then switch your cab any way you want.
Quote by Roc8995
The hotplate doesn't care what impedance cab is after it, so you can get any impedance your amp can put out. It's considered best to use the highest impedance you can, so I'd get the 16 ohm hotplate- you can set your amp to 16 ohms and then switch your cab any way you want.

+1
Thanks guys, I now have to decide either a hotplate or wait a bit longer and get a PRS Se Custom,