Before I used ultimate-guitar.com I used to use mx-tabs.net

I think it was about 2 years ago that they had to shut down due to "illegal tabbing" or something like that which i thought was complete bull.

It was supposed to re-open in the summer of 07, but it never came around.

Then it was supposed to re-open at the begin of 08.

And now it just says "coming soon"

I just think its really stupid on how they still didn't have the site up by now. Im pretty sure that they lost all their users to UG, which love. And when MX is finally opened up again its just going to suck because its going to be nothing special
i know where you're coming from. but i think UG owns all other tab sites anyway. I think its going to fail when/if it comes back.
UG's the refugee corner for those who got betrayed at Mx Tabs.
UG was, and will always be, better than MX.
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
I agree, I used to use Mx tabs constantly until it shut down. But because of that UG has become so much bigger, there is no way that mx tabs will even remotely come close
well I've been doing the mxtabs rebirth testing for the past few months. It's coming together, but I still perfer UG.
I remember on MX that if there was a song that had atleast 10 tabs .. 7 out of 10 would be the same one, just from a different user and they`d all be a high rating. Whereas on UG there might be 2 if not even 1 with a fair rating
Quote by anti-goth
mx tabs bloooows! i repped UG from the day i started playing!

+1
Me too.
Quote by Peaceful Rocker
tabs are ****ing stupid

If you think tabs are stupid then why bother being on the site? I mean I could see maybe for the reviews? But why even bother making a name
Quote by Peaceful Rocker
to talk about music maybe?
On a TAB website? Yeah, real nice.
Yea but fob12, theres really no other big music websites around. I kinda get where he's comin from
I have a confesion. When I first started out, I used taborama until that got shut down. But I've been here at UG since and I love it
Guitars

Epiphone 1958 Ebony Explorer
Fender Standard Stratocaster

Amp/Gear

Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff

Gunnery Sergeant of the Megadeth Military
PM BlackciN to join/get ranking
Quote by HH_Emo_666
Yea but fob12, theres really no other big music websites around. I kinda get where he's comin from

I was just kidding. I wanted to rag on him.
this forum isn't talking about tabs, theres huge threads to discuss bands.. music theory, all sorts of usefull ****. You can learn alot more reading around the musician talk then you will from learning your favourite songs tabbed out.
Quote by Unforgotten
Ug is alsome, MX Tabs is a thing of the past

alsome? Sorry, I just found that pretty funny.

But yeah, UG is sweet. It's a pretty nice community in some of the sub-forums, not really in The Pit though
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
Quote by fob12
I was just kidding. I wanted to rag on him.

yea i did too. but then i felt bad. haha
Quote by fob12
http://www.mxtabs.net/

But it looks all epic and stuff.

wow it sure does. and UG is better now, but i know when i first started getting tabs, it wasn't that great. i used mx tabs way more.
Im kinda suprised that 911Tabs didnt get in trouble, but I kinda guess it never really had its own tabs. They just got all of them from the other websites and directed you to them
MXtabs is coming don't worry. I'm an alpha tester. It's in closed alpha testing. In order to get all the tabs up, there's a lot of information that we need to get on the songs and such.

It's a lot of work.

Wolfie, Moley, Witty, Dgmey, Grundy
Quote by fretsonfire74
wow it sure does. and UG is better now, but i know when i first started getting tabs, it wasn't that great. i used mx tabs way more.

Definitely. And it was easier to find tabs. We should all just flood Mxtabs when it opens and make The Pit V.2.
yeah i always used UG....cause thats what my bros were using at the time.... so now i've been sucked into the UG blackhole
Extispicy: Predicting The Future Though The Study Of Animal Entrails...
Quote by fob12
Definitely. And it was easier to find tabs. We should all just flood Mxtabs when it opens and make The Pit V.2.

the Pit V2?? i like where this going
Extispicy: Predicting The Future Though The Study Of Animal Entrails...
Quote by Ramones06
the Pit V2?? i like where this going
The lolwut pear would be unbanned, among other things.
I don't think I ever used Mx tabs. When I first started playing I would either go to bassmasta or 911 tabs.
Order & Justice
Order Restored, Justice Served