I've been wondering If i can Cut my peavey 6505 combo, into a head, It has a speaker out, i guess i would use that, or rewire the speaker connection into a cable.

Anyone know how i would be able to do this?

Or the materials i would need
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
Does it not support an extension cab? Or do you just want to lose that cab?

The speaker out should work...
Nope, no sig here.
I has extention cab, it just sucks to haul around something thats bulky and weighs 90 pounds
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
90 pounds? Thats not much. Get a little hand dolly. Thats what I did for my JCM900 2x12 combo and it weighs about the same.

So, what youre asking is if itd be wise to take the amp portion out of the combo and get rid of the speakers?

That really wouldnt make TOO much of a difference in weight I guess. I wouldnt suggest it.
It wouldn't make much of a weight difference?

Though it would be much less bulky and easy to carry.
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
Quote by kurdtkobaign
90 pounds? Thats not much. Get a little hand dolly. Thats what I did for my JCM900 2x12 combo and it weighs about the same.

So, what youre asking is if itd be wise to take the amp portion out of the combo and get rid of the speakers?

That really wouldnt make TOO much of a difference in weight I guess. I wouldnt suggest it.

I think the majority of the weight is in the output transformer, since the BluesJr feels like a rock compare to my TRM30, as does a ProJr that I saw (have same speakers size as my TRM30). However, given that a 4x12 is double the weight of a 4x10, I think it is likely that speaker does contribute quite a bit too. Still, even if its weight was reduced by half, it's still too much for bus rides.

As for the hand dolly, it only works if you have a car or truck most of the time; it's useless to bring it up to a bus or subway. Aside from weight, it's also too large, making maneuveur in such tight spaces difficult.

Despite my dislike about the inconvenience on the BlueJr as I found out today, I think it would be best to get BluesJr or even a ProJr (smaller speakers) for combo, or a Orange Tiny Terror. The reduction in wattage lead to slighter weight (larger wattage need heavier iron), and also reduce sizes. I think that some speakers made with lighter weight material (ala Fender ultralight cabs) will also reduce its weight. Keep the combo if you have a car, or sell it; Don't modify it unless you want to do it as a project, and nothing more.
for me at half the weight using public transport wouldn't bother me, its just how large it is.
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
I'd put an ad in Craig's List offering to trade your 6505 Combo for a 6505 or other high gain head. See what offers come your way.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
I certainly wouldn't cut anything apart. Either sell/trade the combo like slats said, or you could remove the amp section & build your own housing for it. Wiring the extension speaker jack is simple. If you make your own housing, you could customize it to best suit your needs by installing some casters on one end to wheel it around, & plastic edge guards to drag it up/down stairs. It's not that hard to do-I've helped friends make housings, cabs, & guitar bodies before. You can make anything with the right tools & materials.
The main thing is to reinforce the housing to be ultra strong (& this adds barely any weight-small brackets, wood wedges, screws, & glue).
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011