So, UG, I am at a dilemma.

I have a small amount of money saved up (now I'm down to a mere $150 after buying Tele mods and a new DS. Damn me.). I'm getting a job in the spring and such, but the point is, I have a decision here.

I can get a Fender Super-Sonic head for about $725, and be up to my neck in debt and have to pay it off to my parents.

I could also save a little bit and get something cheaper with no debt.

I'm in a band that plays anything from funk to hard rock to grunge, so the Super-Sonic's versatility seems to suit me nicely. I played one at GC and was amazed.

I only have a couple gripes - I would really rather have the combo. It would be much easier not to have to take my 4x12" with me whenever I wanted to use my Fender, and when I'm at home, I could just hook the Super-Sonic up to my cab because of the rear jack.

..Would the combo sound better than my B-52 cabinet anyway, since it has a Vintage 30?
Main gear (For complete list, see profile):
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain-top
Basswood Telecaster, 2 single-sized HB's, both split.
Epiphone Valve Junior
B-52 AT-412 Cabinet
Oh, and I have a Squier VM Jazz Bass too.
^lol the fender supersonic combo.

imo, it has good sound, but it gets mushy when u turn it up... that's my experience with it.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
sorry I wasn't paying proper attention that the super sonic was only a head.

Here's my advice: Wait until you have a job. Don't go into unnecessary debt.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke