Page 1 of 2
setting aside that most of it is all pop and rap garbage(on kanye west's speech he couldn't string together a coherent sentence, which is suprising when he makes his living talking really fast) i was most surprised at the more obscure ones.

like slayer winning best metal performace, when machine head was nominated. didn't virtually every internet "source" name it the best metal album of the year, while even fans of slayer were kind of dissapointed with christ illusion?

and the best instrumental performance, in which joe satriani's "always with me always with you" and steve vai's "the attitude song" were nominated, but bruce springsteen won! bruce springsteen?! i thought he was dead!
Last edited by diablo_man at Feb 11, 2008,
amen
ಠ_ಠ WILL GIVE HEAD

Quote by Myxer
Have to give you props that the funniest post I read in a while
Quote by GogglesVK

hazardmaster has won this thread.

Fender Stratocaster 57' Reissue (Japanese)
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Did anyone see Tina Turner?

But yeah, Grammys are always full of shit. It's just a big duet wankfest, and they all cream over each other.
Of course, I watch it anyway...
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Quote by diablo_man

and the best instrumental performance, in which joe satriani's "always with me always with you" and steve vai's "the attitude song" were nominated, but bruce springsteen won! bruce springsteen?! i thought he was dead!

WTF? That happened? I'm glad I didn't watch, but yeah, the grammys are crap anyway
I <3 Drugs.

The universe works on a math equation-
That never even ever really ends in the end-
Infinity spirals out creation.

Myspace
Tumblr
"Band"
Quote by diablo_man
"Grammys are stupid!"
... and your point is?

It's an awards show. It's all about record industry politics. You expected it wouldn't be?
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
and dont forget rush and metallica!!! i swear, the only one i wouldnt have been satisfied to some degree by winning was bruce springsteen and he won!!! the one opurtunity that the grammys had to be even relevent the showed they cant even do that.

and with tonight you realize that good ole satch is the has had the most grammy nods without ever winning? until tonight him and alan parsons were tied at 13!!!!! pathetis huh?
jackson dinky build!

do you live in a country?

pics dude or a vid of you trying to say 'bananaramapancake'
so it comes out brabrabrabwabwa

^about when i came home from the dentist and my face was numb from novacaine.
wait, what? no porcupine tree in the grammys dude. seriously, they dont know good music, so how could they know the tree?
jackson dinky build!

do you live in a country?

pics dude or a vid of you trying to say 'bananaramapancake'
so it comes out brabrabrabwabwa

^about when i came home from the dentist and my face was numb from novacaine.
Quote by loc66sic
did foo fighters win anything?

(im in aus and the dont it for ages)

Yes, read a few posts above your double-post, buddy.
Quote by suminorudder
wait, what? no porcupine tree in the grammys dude. seriously, they dont know good music, so how could they know the tree?

they were nominated for best surround sound album o.O
Quote by solitaryshell90
they were nominated for best surround sound album o.O

Really? I thought Porcupine Tree would be like, above the Grammys. They seem pretty much against the industry and the Grammys would be the last thing I could see them participating in.
I <3 Drugs.

Myspace
Tumblr
"Band"
Quote by SSDDPunkRocker
Change to 'only grammy thread'?

All I gotta say is...Amy Winehouse should retire early.

She's going to DIE soon the way she's carrying on.
<Han> I love Hitler
Quote by HaKattack
She's going to DIE soon the way she's carrying on.

god i hope so. what drugs does she do though? i really don't know. anybody?
Quote by fretsonfire74
god i hope so. what drugs does she do though? i really don't know. anybody?

she's in rehab now, but the question isn't what drugs does she do. It's what drugs doesn't she use. All of the above sir. All of the above.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Quote by civildp1
she's in rehab now, but the question isn't what drugs does she do. It's what drugs doesn't she use. All of the above sir. All of the above.

well i say good for her

Quote by Kiwi Ace
At least Flight of the Conchords got one!!!

What did they win?
I <3 Drugs.

Myspace
Tumblr
"Band"
Winehouse got 5 Grammys

Don't do drugs kids, you could win a crap award

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
i was actually really surprised at how large (read: FAT) arethra franklin is. like holy crap, i had always thought of here as a big woman but she was like 3.5 girls wide!

and i was actually impressed with that opera like duet Josh groban did with the blind opera singer. the blind guy has an amazing voice
Quote by InvaderTSN
Does it matter that they're stupid?

SLAYER JUST WON AN AWARD!

AMEN TO THAT!
Holy S H I T! I can HEAR how ugly you are.

Also, would you like to take a shower in my Gleek?

___

Music is life!

___

Quote by Kensai

I like my ramen noodles like I like my women: Devoid of any taste lying lifeless in a body of water.
yer but id bet ud all love to win one with ur band motherf**kers
Quote by .HUZZAH.
Just hit all the strings at once, raping your e string and making retardly out of place pinch harmonics

oh wait, this isn't a slipknot concert..

FREEBIRD!

And the amish said let their be CHEESE...
Quote by GuitarManDan15
yer but id bet ud all love to win one with ur band motherf**kers

I probably wouldn't even go. Everytime I won an award for anything, I never went to a ceremony.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
i just listen to my music and i don't give a crap if the artists win an award.
Hm, I enjoyed the show. Whatever.

I thought the performances were good for the most part, especially Kanye's and Josh Grobans, which was incredible. I thought Aretha Franklin was stellar as usual. I actually thought Dave Grohl didn't sound too hot that night. Meh.

Oh, and John Mayer coming in during Alicia Keys was ****ing awesome.
Quote by Ez0ph
Really? I thought Porcupine Tree would be like, above the Grammys. They seem pretty much against the industry and the Grammys would be the last thing I could see them participating in.
Doesn't mean they're too far up their own asses to accept an award.

And this whole thread is basically, "My music isn't popular WAH WAH"

And here comes the kids saying they don't mind that their music isn't popular because they don't mind being social outcasts who can't get laid because they're too pretentious about the "popular music" other people listen to.

Truth hurts.
I thought it was a pretty good show...

Kanye, Morris Day and the Time, Foo Fighters, Josh Groban, John Mayer...all of them put on really good performances!

I thought that Beatles Circus Olay bit was pretty sweet too.
Quote by suminorudder
and dont forget rush and metallica!!! i swear, the only one i wouldnt have been satisfied to some degree by winning was bruce springsteen and he won!!! the one opurtunity that the grammys had to be even relevent the showed they cant even do that.

how were any of the artists nominated for Best Rock Instrumental relevant? do you see a large shred or prog revival going on in the mainstream? i sure don't...if anything the picked the most relevant artist to win.
Quote by MastaBassist10
Doesn't mean they're too far up their own asses to accept an award.

And this whole thread is basically, "My music isn't popular WAH WAH"

And here comes the kids saying they don't mind that their music isn't popular because they don't mind being social outcasts who can't get laid because they're too pretentious about the "popular music" other people listen to.

Truth hurts.

Oh, oh! Get me next!!
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Does anyone remember that song that had the performance with that one girl who was flying with the strings, and all of a sudden everything went wrong, and came back to good again?
The grammys are a joke. 50 gazillion sub-genres of music so
everybody can have one.
I bet Charlie Brown's teacher's name was Mrs.Hammett
Page 1 of 2