individualism , morality, Good, Evil , mudkipz, skepticism, time paradoxes, mudkipz, politics, mudkipz, love, expression, conformity, "Does a greater being exist in this world", "Is there such thing as an absolute truth", Philosophy, (mudkipz).

UG Private Poker Room

UG Poker Group
Join it

╔╗╔═╦╗
║╚╣║║╚╗
╚═╩═╩═╝
write a speech on writing a speech. I did that and got an 'A+'

Here's what i did:

Hello, I’m [name withheld], and this is my Oral Presentation on the topic “If I Could Change the World.”

When I started writing this speech, I had no idea what to talk about, so I turned to the slacker’s greatest ally, the internet. I spent a long time looking at web pages and getting angry, but to no avail. So I thought, what would Ozzy Osbourne do? Unfortunately, all he said, in the song “I Don’t Want to Change the World” is “I don't wanna change the world, I don't want the world to change me.” Bastard.

But the more I thought about it, the more I realised I agreed with him! I don’t wanna change the world. I don’t want the world to change me. I mean, I’m not particularly happy with the world at the moment, but I can guarantee that if I could change the world, I’d screw it up. Sure, free guitars for everyone sounds good at first, but then you realise that if everyone starts getting into music, there is a small chance of another “Backstreet Boys” forming. And no-one wants that.

Of course, I can’t just rock up to English and say, “Ooh, Mrs. [Name Removed], I don’t wanna change the world, and I don’t want the world to change me, so please give me an A,” Not gonna work. So I turned to the man who has and always will, be there for me. No, not my Dad, but Eric Clapton. But all he said was “That I can, change the world, I would be the sunlight in your universe, you would think my love was really something good, Baby, if I could change the world.” While I was very flattered, and a little creeped out, he wasn’t really much help. By now I was panicking. Not even Jack Black would help, simply saying in the song “City Hall” “Lots of times when me and KG are watchin' all the f***in' s*** that goes down at City Hall, We get the feeling we should f*** s*** up, Yeah we should f***in' start a riot. A Riot!” And then some more stuff about travelling in tubes and marijuana, again, this wasn’t what I was after. So I looked to Gandhi. He said “we must be the change we wish to see in the world.” Wise words. Well, as you have no doubt worked out by now, I’m totally insane, but then again, the world is too, so there isn’t much I can do there.

Dictionary.com defines change as to make the form, nature, content, future course, etc., of (something) different from what it is or from what it would be if left alone etc. and the world as the earth or a part of it, with its inhabitants, affairs, etc. I realised from this that one, I needed to talk about making something different, and two, Dictionary.com uses etcetera way to many times.

Yahoo Answers didn’t really do much for me in terms of helping either, as the only answer of any creativity was “I would be the master of time space and dimension and throw all non believers into a pit of smouldering farts. All dogs would wear skirts,” and that’s the sanest part. Life is too short to recite any inane ramblings that are not my own.

To be honest, if I could change the world, it would probably be to be really happy, then make me a filthy rich rockstar and have all my enemies die. Seriously, who wouldn’t want that? With great regret, I realise that I probably can’t base my speech upon that, as it would be about a sentence and a letter long. The sentence would be the one before the one I have just spoken, and the letter would be an E.
As you can see, I am still struggling to fill those crucial minutes, and I have to say, as I write this and listen to AC/DC, I really just wish that I could be having fun in North Queensland. Right here, right now, if I could change the world, I would probably just have started my Holiday a week early.

Thank you for listening to my Oral, you’ve been an above average audience.

Feel free to use my ideas, but not word for word, or I'll crush your balls with a sand-filled sock.