Dunno if this is the right forum, but what are those awesome guitars Matt uses live, the ones on the 'Absolution Tour' dvd. They have like a knob on them near the bridge that when he turns creates a whammy pedal effect, so yeah anyone know what kinda guitars they are?
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
StraightxXxEdge made me LOL

yeah i found it on wiki anyway
'08 Gretsch White Falcon

A bunch of funky pedals

where would i obtain one of these guitars? It sounds nearly impossible
'08 Gretsch White Falcon

A bunch of funky pedals

did..did you even read that reply up there? they're custom made. they cost £3000 ($6000) to get one built. the builder wont build one the same shape as matts. you like the squely sound do you? get a zvex fuzz factory. they're awesome. i have one and are well worth the money. matt has one and thats what teh squeling is.

/thread
Yeah Matt's guitars are custom made, so you'll never really get the same as his. But do they look amazing ehh.
Get a Zvex Fuzz Factory. Instead of using the Drive or Stab control to control the squeally sounds, you can use your volume knob to produce the same effect.
Isn't the touchscreen a Korg Kaoss pad? I know Radiohead uses one.. it look similar. I'd like to see someone build one of those into a guitar.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by stradivari310
Isn't the touchscreen a Korg Kaoss pad? I know Radiohead uses one.. it look similar. I'd like to see someone build one of those into a guitar.

That's exactly what Matt Bellamy's done, and it's pretty pointless if you ask me, not very usable.
I hate to sound like an arsehole, but you have no chance in hell. Of course, if you had thousands of dollars, then that would be a different story.
Quote by National_Anthem
That's exactly what Matt Bellamy's done, and it's pretty pointless if you ask me, not very usable.

He uses it mainly during the solo in Supermassive black hole and it sounds uber-cool! Also, he diddles with it in between songs sometimes. Watch the KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas '07 recording of Hysteria, he plays and Star Spangled Banner with it. Its quite interesting.

At least he is doing something different to make himself stand out from the crowd...
Quote by druz15_UG
where would i obtain one of these guitars? It sounds nearly impossible

You would contact Manson's in Exeter, UK, where the maker works, and ask him very nicely, with payment to make you one.
Quote by Discoprincess32
He uses it mainly during the solo in Supermassive black hole and it sounds uber-cool! Also, he diddles with it in between songs sometimes. Watch the KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas '07 recording of Hysteria, he plays and Star Spangled Banner with it. Its quite interesting.

At least he is doing something different to make himself stand out from the crowd...

Have you ever used a Kaoss pad?
i have one! tis awesome. but they suck huge amounts of tone.
Guitars
washburn x50 pro
jackson js30dk
epi lp 100
jt-res

Effects

zvex FF
digitech ex-7
bespeco volume pedal
boss sd-1
ehx double muff
marshall echohead
behringer cl9
korg mini kaoss pad

Amp
fender champion 300
tagged
Quote by Jearl

...dont play Fender just because its Fender.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Squier Bullet (heavily modified)
Mesa Roadster Head & 2x12 cab
nuh uh. tag! you're it!

Guitars
washburn x50 pro
jackson js30dk
epi lp 100
jt-res

Effects

zvex FF
digitech ex-7
bespeco volume pedal
boss sd-1
ehx double muff
marshall echohead
behringer cl9
korg mini kaoss pad

Amp
fender champion 300
I have a Kaoss Pad in my main guitar. As mentioned above, it's difficult to use effectively in a guitar playing situation, but that's not to say that it can't be done. I have several songs that (simply put) don't work at all without it. It does have some interesting effects that work well in guitar situation (when saved in the program memory as presets), and a couple of programs that have minimal tonal impact (there's one with volume on the X axis and a filter on the Y axis that is fantastic for volume swells with a hint of "wah"). If you try this, try to keep the pad itself in the effects loop and set it up with some type of true bypass (I use a Little Lehle).
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM

Man... I'd do anything for that. I've been lusting over his chrome guitar for ages...

Even if it didn't have all of those fancy things built in... I love that body shape, and that finish is gorgeous.
wait r u saying the zvex pedal is IN the guitar? or are the controls just linked to the pedal
'08 Gretsch White Falcon

A bunch of funky pedals

Quote by Uber-rocker
Holy crap! Did I see EIGHT strings on Chris's bass? Or do I just have double vision?

woah yeah 8 strings
'08 Gretsch White Falcon

A bunch of funky pedals

Quote by druz15_UG
wait r u saying the zvex pedal is IN the guitar?

Yes, several of his guitars have a built in Fuzz Factory.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Quote by AngelOfHatred

Man... I'd do anything for that. I've been lusting over his chrome guitar for ages...

Even if it didn't have all of those fancy things built in... I love that body shape, and that finish is gorgeous.

If its the body shape you're after you should look for a Yamaha 120 or 102 Telecaster. Really cheap and great modding templates.
the two dials below the bridge are for the fuzz factory and get all the squealey noises
the switch and dial to the right of the bridge are the on/off switch and dial for the phase 90
sweet guitar