The backing track came from guitarbt.com; it's called Jam with Vinnie Moore or something like that. I jammed over it a few times then recorded this first and only take; couple of goofs, but I thought it came out cool. Let me know what you think and I'll gladly crit anything you link. Thanks!

See "improvised solo" in my profile.
wow man, you're good. the only thing i didn't like about it is that there were repeated parts that just kept going. theres no problem with repeating, but theres a limit. nice work otherwise, very nice work
That was very good, quite upbeat and happy. I love your tone and playing style, actually sounds very good with the drums and the backing guitar - was that you or the track?

I'd say this is excellent for an improvisation (you can record all my future solo's ). The only slight issue is what fretsonfire said, for the first 20 seconds or so, it's just bends and such. It's not a huge problem, just vary it a little.

Overall, i'd say a very good jam, well done!

Thanks for critting mine!
very good technique but it kinda sounded like you were trying to cram as many notes in there as possible. Work on your articulation and timing but otherwise quite good. Especially for a first take.
so I thought this was going to be a funk solo after the first 5 or 6 seconds. Imagine my surprise as all those notes came out. Not my style, but im not going to critique you technically. well done, good to see some quality improv on here.

here's mine if you'd like to return the favor: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=12770216#post12770216
There's a 95% chance what was written above here was very stupid
Thanks for all the comments guys, I appreciate it!

12Jim34 - I only played the lead part, rhythm guitars were already in the backing track.

Guitarded - Will check your stuff out shortly...

Thanks again, all!
quality sounds!

i especially appreciated the technicality of an "off the cuff improv"

you must have real talent to knock something like that out first time! i have a long way to go yet!!

if you or anyone else wants to pass judgement upon my cretinous works feel free to browse my profile!
Satchmad- thanks for the compliments dude! I've been at it for a while now (15 years soon enough) and have had the luck to play with some great players who humble me; that was probably most important in getting to where I am. I still feel I have a long way to go, too, though... but that's part of the fun of it all.

Will check out your tracks; Guitarded, getting to yours too, apologies for the delay.