Okay, what guitar is Eric Draven (The Crow) using in the 1994 movie?
I believe it's a Stratocaster copy, but made by which manufacturer?
The headstock is very strange...

Anyone recognize the guitar? If it's just a piece of trash guitar, i'm glad Eric smashed it on the amplifier in the end of the "Inferno" solo...
Still, both the "Tracking The Prey" and "Inferno" are nice solos!
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by beckyjc
Dont see wht youd want it anyway as his tone sucked on that rooftop.

No, i don't want that guitar! I was just curious about the manufacturer.

As far as the tone subject, the tone wasn't THAT bad... And the whole stuff gives more density to the movie... Eric's feeling and playing lets you know that he isn't going to survive in the end, but he isn't going down without a bang!
It's a fatality... "The crow said don't look!!!"
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
The guitar used to be in the Hard Rock Cafe in Hollywood, the model number is supposed to be visible. No one has apparently thought to write it down though.

It could be an old Ibanez Strat copy, because Brandon Lee's guitar had the same headstock, and I heard that referred to as an Ibanez.
^ Yeah, that's a Peavey headstock if anything. The guitar is definitely no Ibanez from any time period.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by pifty
^ Yeah, that's a Peavey headstock if anything. The guitar is definitely no Ibanez from any time period.

Probably a Peavey then. Fits the "cheap" description and if you were buying a guitar you knew was going to be smashed, the price is definitely right.

There were a couple of different headstocks used on the old Ibanez Strat copies, but it doesn't seem all that likely they managed to find two, probably 20-30 years old guitars at that time, with the same odd headstock. Fernandes also has a couple of guitars with a very similar headstock, so it isn't exactly something Peavey has exclusive to them.

It is possible, it is another guitar, but Peavey is probably the most likely one. The headstock looks about right and they are really cheap. The only thing about the Peavey is that it would probably be a pretty obscure model because the 3 S-S-S configuration and having 3 control knobs does not seem to be very common for them (maybe it was 12 years ago, I didn't follow those guitars back then or anything and it isn't really a brand of guitars people go for vintage). Most of the other guitars with similar headstocks would either be quite old, need to be imported from Japan, and/or be much more expensive.
Last edited by Matheau at Feb 12, 2008,
^ Peavey Predators in the early 90s were pretty much straight out strat copies with SSS, three controls, and a dish jack. Hence the assumption.

Ibanez did have several headstocks on their strat copies, but it was the Fender headstock in the 70s, blade headstock such as this in the 80s, and after that everything became the modern "goose head" headstock.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!