Hey all, just bought a new Epiphone Les Paul, tried to save up for a Gibson, but the only one I could have possibly afforded was the worn wood ones or whatever. So, I had an idea that i'd just get a bitchin' looking Epi and update some of the electronics on it.

The stock pickups don't sound too bad on it, but I think an upgrade would probably be for the best. I've heard Burstbuckers are really good, but some more input would be excellent. I'm using this guitar for some of my old music tastes, like Zeppelin and Floyd, some Meat Loaf, etc. If I ever play clean, though, this is the guitar for that, as the Jackson RR5 doesn't have much for cleans... the Jackson has Seymour Duncans in it that run really damn hot, so I don't need some metal shredding things for the epi. Just something to get a nice chunky sound.

Any other upgrades that would be inexpensive would be very helpful too. Thanks!
-D
Maybe the seymour duncan JB/59 combo ?
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
Quote by howey
Maybe the seymour duncan JB/59 combo ?

Quote by xkingd117x
the Jackson has Seymour Duncans in it that run really damn hot, so I don't need some metal shredding things for the epi. Just something to get a nice chunky sound

TS - Duncan Custom 5 bridge/59 neck is probably what you're looking for, possibly a set of Dimarzio Breeds.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com