Hi,

I have an old park valve amp which I love but it doesn't have a headphone socket and I only get to practice when the kids go to bed. Up until now I've been plugging the output from my old zoom-707 in to the pc and then feeding the output from the pc in to a decent headphone amp and then in to some senn headphones. Sound tortuous but this means I can play along silently with some pc based software I'm using to learn to play. Anyway, the output from the zoom doesn't sound great. I know the headphone amp and headphones sound really good with other inputs (including music from the pc) but really sounds thin with the zoom. Is there any way of getting an 'amp' sound to the line-in of my pc (micing the park isn't an option)? I've been looking at the marshall mg10 with its 'emulated' line out, the c-tech S1 and the vox amplug (no lineout though like my zoom but can use the headphone out). Are there any other options? I don't need anything with a speaker as I already have that with the park.

Thanks for any advice.

Regards,

Mark

PS. The guitar is a peavey predator (plus) and I just play blues and rock type stuff along with the course I'm doing.
Last edited by dernian at Feb 11, 2008,
I just bought a vox amplug AC30 and frankly, I think it sounds very close to the real thing due to it bieng analog. basically a really well executed emulation. it has an aux jack so you can jam either with an mp3 player and maybe it will suit your needs better than the MG. it will certainly sound better for what you want it for. great, great tone.
I've almost finished.
The MG is not worth a look. But from the Youtube clips, the amplug really is.

Still have a look into the Roland Micro Cube and Vox Da5, yes it has a speaker but theyre only cheap and are great little amps.
Quote by dernian
Thanks for the replies. Had a look on youtube for amplug clips and found this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rzhp5HU4yn8

...sounds great

Sounds like an AC30 is what I'd need (although that metal one sounds pretty fun too )

Cheers,

Mark

OMG That thing is awesome
'05 Fender Speed Shop So-Cal Stratocaster
'95 Squier Standard Strat

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Orange Dark Terror + PPC212
Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
My local shop has some ac30 amplugs coming in later this week so I'll pop down and pick one up.

Thanks for the advice.

Regards,

Mark
Quote by dernian
Thanks for the replies. Had a look on youtube for amplug clips and found this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rzhp5HU4yn8

...sounds great

Sounds like an AC30 is what I'd need (although that metal one sounds pretty fun too )

Cheers,

Mark

That thingy is AMAZING. I need to get one!

██ ██
██ ██
██ ██

yes, do get one. it is spot on! I prefer it to my 50 watt valve (it's a randall, deal with it)
I've almost finished.
Unfortunately my local shop can't get any in stock as they've proved popular. I'm currently fighting the urge to have the thing now (damnit) so I can support my local shop. I'm being assisted in the fight by the fact that no one else has one either
They are hard to get this side of the world -- the alternative is a Boss or Digitech battery driven box. Costs more, but you get more.
Stop showing off and play the music!