tell me what i need to do. Blues, modes, soloing, techniques. I wanna be a blues man, just standing up on stage playing whatever whatever comes from my soul into my fingers.

Ive been practicng blues improv for the past few months, but im no clapton.
It won't come to you within a days or months it takes years of hard core practise!
Really want to be like Kirk Hammett but that doesn't mean it will happen in months or days he took years to do what he can do now!
eric didn't get to be great in a couple of months or a year, it took him many yers and i will take you and everyone else that long if you practice hard and u are dedicated to the guitar
ok let me rephrase. i obviously know it takes years. But Im asking what specifics should i be familiarizing my self in?

ive been practicing blues improv for the past few months and ive gotten a good feel of what notes i wanna play before as play them, but it still sounds bland. Practice ALL I want, it would be easier if i knew what to practice, like certain techniques or modes.

Im basically asking for whatever mini lessons in Clapton style blues anyone wants to offer.
Quote by Manjinken
ok let me rephrase. i obviously know it takes years. But Im asking what specifics should i be familiarizing my self in?

ive been practicing blues improv for the past few months and ive gotten a good feel of what notes i wanna play before as play them, but it still sounds bland. Practice ALL I want, it would be easier if i knew what to practice, like certain techniques or modes.

Im basically asking for whatever mini lessons in Clapton style blues anyone wants to offer.

Do you have a guitar teacher? IF so then ask him that question.

If you don't then:

You can get DVD/Books/VHS for blues/Eric Clapton style
Practice on acoustic for the next couple years of your life.
My Music Videos

Guitars:
Breedlove Revival Series OM
Crosby Fingerstyle Model
Voyage-Air VAOM-06
Fender Stratocaster (American)
Fender Nashville Deluxe Tele
for example, like any help or suggestions with any signature blues rifs?

Like a quick reverse bend or

stuff like

----------------
-------6--------
---5b----rp3--

or

-----------5----
--------5-------
---7b-----------

etc.

like ive been watching blues players techniques and stuff, but can anyone help me better understand them and what is making them sound so bluesy? Dissect the blues for me.
Basically, keep with the improv - just keep messing round til it sounds good. And try learning to play everything old Eric ever did... that'll help.
If you get bored of it halfway through, mess around with developing your own style a bit
Quote by ibikinz
Really want to be like Kirk Hammett but that doesn't mean it will happen in months or days he took years to do what he can do now!

It took him years to learn how to use a wah pedal and use the pentatonic scale?
Quote by darthbuttchin

lol. That doesn't sound at ALL like Clapton
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
Quote by psychodelia

he's talking about kirk hammet
Quote by psychodelia

yh i should have made that clear lol, its kirk hammet im on about.

Unless you are being sarcastic.

Oh dear, im all confused now.
Quote by darthbuttchin

Why do people say that? Kirk makes extensive use of aeolian and phrygian in his leads; more so than most rock guitarists.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Go and listen to some of the stuff Clapton did. Don't bother with the modern guys - they're too slick and good for you now. Go and check out Albert King and then Freddie King. They have a few signature licks that aren't too tricky to pick up.

But what it will do is get you used to phrasing. The fact that they can play so well and brilliantly with just those few notes will get you into the idea of soloing and getting feeling into your songs. And you'll get to sound like you - and will sound very bluesy without sounding like any other rock and blues guitarist.

Dont bother with Freddy King's instrumentals like Hideaway (for now), listen to his cuts like Have You Ever Loved A Woman, or - easy to cop licks off - he did a few albums in 1974 that have classic blues on and will signpost you into his style. Clapton loved him and he was possibly Clapton's biggest influence.

It will get you to structure your solos and put feeling in without sending your brain spinning.
Quote by Archeo Avis
Why do people say that? Kirk makes extensive use of aeolian and phrygian in his leads; more so than most rock guitarists.

lighten up man, it was a joke. I like metallica man.
Quote by lsw444
Go and listen to some of the stuff Clapton did. [...] Go and check out Albert King and then Freddie King.

You forgot the third one, BB King.
Well, first, you'll have to fall in love with your best friends wife, then plunge deep into a heroin addiction all while being the best guitar player to ever live. Shouldn't be that hard.
*Official Deadhead*

The times they are a-changin'