Hey UG,i've been recording in garageband for quite a while,but i've got a bandit 112,so i'm trying to record through that for sound quality..but when i plug the garageband lead into the amp's direct recording,and my guitar in an input,nothing happens,all help appreciated,thanks

EDIT:The problems volume..has to be really loud to hear it right,anyone know how to fix that? =/
Last edited by stereotype6 at Feb 11, 2008,
Wrong forum bro, post in Riffs and Recordings and you'll get tons more help...

What type of recording interface are you using?

DS
Sounds like the problem lies around the volume control. Try to check the settings of both playback and record components on your MAC.
Or it can be Garageband volume settings, too.
Also, make sure your soundcard can handle the signal. It will get smoked if it's not made for that.
Quote by stereotype6
Hey UG,i've been recording in garageband for quite a while,but i've got a bandit 112,so i'm trying to record through that for sound quality..but when i plug the garageband lead into the amp's direct recording,and my guitar in an input,nothing happens,all help appreciated,thanks

EDIT:The problems volume..has to be really loud to hear it right,anyone know how to fix that? =/

GarageBand defaults to microphone in... So if you're playing it's probably picking it up that way... Check your GarageBand preferences. Under audio it gives you the option to switch between line and mic...