Hey guys.

Pretty new here, and I need a little help. I like rock and metal music. I already have a distortion pedal, but I'm thinking of getting an overdrive pedal as I also want to get a lighter and smoother distortion sound.

I've looked at reviews of the Boss OD-3 Overdrive, and it seems quite ok. I have a budget of about SGD$150, which if I'm not wrong translates into about USD$100. What do you guys think of the boss pedal, and are there any alternatives?

I know I'm not using a tube amp, but I might be getting one soon.

Thanks for your help.
SX Stratocaster
Fina Acoustic
J&D Telecaster
Yamaha ERB 300 (Bass)

Digitech Bad Monkey
VisualSound H2O
Ibanez TL5
Boss DS-1
Vox V847

Kustom Dart 10FX
Laney RB1
Last edited by matthewchj at Feb 12, 2008,
Hi! I just bought a Boss OD-3 Overdrive this Christmas.

I'm using it with a cheap guitar and amp (Squier Affinity Series Stratocaster & Fender Frontman 15G amp).

That pedal is AWESOME!!! My amplifier's overdrive channel has some noise, and it gets worse as you add gain. This pedal solved that problem!!!

Even with the OD-3 Overdrive turned all the way up, with the volume sky high, it still sounds very good. It has a very smooth, very sweet overdrive, opposite to the distortion rudeness (i have a Boss MD-2 Mega Distortion for that ).

I would absolutely recommend the Boss OD-3 to you.

EDIT:
The OD-3 is very useful. I use it for rhythm playing, with both power and open chords. I use it to do solos. I use it to play with an aggressive tone. I use it to get a bluesy tone... Man, the possibilities are endless if you know how to use an amplifier's equalizer properly.

Keep in mind, i have a low-watt amp (15 watts), with a low gain tolerance, and this pedal still delivers it!
You can even get that deep, warm overdrive style you usually get from tube amps!
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Last edited by Linkerman at Feb 11, 2008,
Roland micro cube.
It's around that price, and it'll sound loads better than putting a good overdrive in front of a crap amp.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
Roland micro cube.
It's around that price, and it'll sound loads better than putting a good overdrive in front of a crap amp.

I beg to differ. I can tell, from my own experience.
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
Ampeg GVT52-112
Well, all right.
I think you should still save up for an amp (your budget puts you in the range of the valve junior's european cousin). A cranked valve amp will give you a better overdrive tone than any stompbox can.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
Well, all right.
I think you should still save up for an amp (your budget puts you in the range of the valve junior's european cousin). A cranked valve amp will give you a better overdrive tone than any stompbox can.

Hell yeah! Nothing beats a tube amp.

But if you need a good overdrive soon, and can't wait to raise enough money to buy a good tube amp (they're expensive), i think the Boss OD-3 Overdrive is the way to go.

Don't you think so, darkarbiter7?
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
Ampeg GVT52-112
I agree with darkarbiter, and linkerman please stop posting and read up until you know the differences in tone between SS and tube, and stop recommending MG's and Spiders unless your joking, or it's the Spider Valve which I've tried and actually quite liked.
Quote by thefitz
Interesting. It turns out that there are people on the forum who play an upright bass. I'll make a note of that.

*makes note*

*puts note on wall*

*stares at note for a minute*

*sits back down and resumes doing what I was doing*
Quote by PunkRocker33133
I agree with darkarbiter, and linkerman please stop posting and read up until you know the differences in tone between SS and tube, and stop recommending MG's and Spiders unless your joking, or it's the Spider Valve which I've tried and actually quite liked.

I don't recommend Spiders to anyone, so you must be confused.

And Marshall MG's aren't all that good, that's true. But you can't assume everyone has rich parents like you that can give you expensive amps.
Some of us, like me, are on a tight budget.
And Laneys LX's, Peaveys Valvekings and Windsors and Marshalls MG's are the best we can get considering the money we can spend.

EDIT: And i really know the difference between solid state and tube. Probably, even better than you. But since you're so good, why don't you try to teach me a lesson, punk?
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by Linkerman
Hell yeah! Nothing beats a tube amp.

But if you need a good overdrive soon, and can't wait to raise enough money to buy a good tube amp (they're expensive), i think the Boss OD-3 Overdrive is the way to go.

Don't you think so, darkarbiter7?

As I said... His budget is close to the price of Europe's valve junior clone. Just a little saving (or if he can get a good price, right now) and he can get it. Valve juniors have great tone, and are like the cheapest valve amps one can get.
A cranked tube amp will sound ten times better than a boss overdrive (which i'm not really a fan of) with a crap amp. Plus... he can pawn off the amp, and get a cheap, yet good overdrive (TS7 maybe?) to boost it.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
As I said... His budget is close to the price of Europe's valve junior clone. Just a little saving (or if he can get a good price, right now) and he can get it. Valve juniors have great tone, and are like the cheapest valve amps one can get.
A cranked tube amp will sound ten times better than a boss overdrive (which i'm not really a fan of) with a crap amp. Plus... he can pawn off the amp, and get a cheap, yet good overdrive (TS7 maybe?) to boost it.

It's just a matter of time/money ratio.

And personal taste, too! You're not a big fan of Boss Overdrive, i'm a HUGE fan of Boss Overdrive.

But you're right, darkarbiter7. If he saves up some more money, he can get an even better amplifier than the valve junior clone!
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
Ampeg GVT52-112
hey linkerman, i have a frontman amp as well,, do you mainly use your overdrive channel or do you use the clean channel now that you have the overdrive pedal?
Quote by donleejr
hey linkerman, i have a frontman amp as well,, do you mainly use your overdrive channel or do you use the clean channel now that you have the overdrive pedal?

Since i bought the Boss OD-3 Overdrive, i never used the Frontman drive channel again, aside from 2 or 3 times when i was lazy enough to not pick up and connect my pedal board.

The OD-3 is an overdrive pedal that works very well even with amplifiers that have low gain tolerance.
So i always use the clean channel with the effects pedals (the drive channel adds a lot of noise and messes up the effects).
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
Ampeg GVT52-112
Last edited by Linkerman at Feb 12, 2008,
Save up and grab the Blackheart 5W imo.

But, if you're stuck on getting an OD I think the Bad Monkey blows the OD-3 out of the water personally.
And maybe we can fly away from here, surf on the debris of a broken scene...
Quote by gald
Save up and grab the Blackheart 5W imo.

But, if you're stuck on getting an OD I think the Bad Monkey blows the OD-3 out of the water personally.

Plus a large number.
The Bad Monkey owns.
Boss is just a so-so brand for overdrives/distortions. At the same price, EH and other brands like that have something much better than boss. Plus, boss bypasses suck.
Their other effects like compressors and stuff are alright though.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Okay, thanks for the help, guys.

I'll probably go check out the valve amps and the Bad Monkey before deciding.
SX Stratocaster
Fina Acoustic
J&D Telecaster
Yamaha ERB 300 (Bass)

Digitech Bad Monkey
VisualSound H2O
Ibanez TL5
Boss DS-1
Vox V847

Kustom Dart 10FX
Laney RB1
I have to agree with what people have said, instead of wasting money on the Boss OD pedal, I say save up abit more and get the VJ/one of its cheaper yet exactly the same amps (like the Harley benton one). This will get you a much nicer overdrive, and also, although most digitech pedals are pretty shabby, the Bad Monkey is a real nice OD pedal, especially for the price.
Quote by Hakanku
I have to agree with what people have said, instead of wasting money on the Boss OD pedal, I say save up abit more and get the VJ/one of its cheaper yet exactly the same amps (like the Harley benton one). This will get you a much nicer overdrive, and also, although most digitech pedals are pretty shabby, the Bad Monkey is a real nice OD pedal, especially for the price.

This forum is more about money than music. You can calibrate Digitech pedals if you read the instructions, but they are weak. Guiitar synths are used on stage by some bands just because they don't feedback - but they use the better stuff in the studio. So now you know.
Stop showing off and play the music!
Quote by Linkerman
can't wait to raise enough money to buy a good tube amp (they're expensive),

Wrong.

+1 to darkarbiter/hakanku.
Quote by Don_Humpador
Wrong.

+1 to darkarbiter/hakanku.

I'm right. A good tube amp IS expensive. In my humble opinion, the only cheap tube amps that have quality are the Peaveys (Valveking, Windsor -- and they're not THAT cheap).

Quote by Peter_Hayes
This forum is more about money than music.

You're right. As i explained in this thread (https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=784538), people keep telling the others to buy expensive stuff, instead of advicing the questioners to test the stuff themselves, and keep saying that cheaper stuff isn't worth it.
Also, there seems to be a general hate against Boss effects and Marshall MG's amps.

Everyone has the right to their opinion and the right to know that cheaper stuff is also an option.

EDIT: If you like the Digitech Bad Monkey, that's fine, but i personally don't like it. I prefer the Boss OD-3 tone.
And keep in mind, not everyone is rich. I actually have to work to buy my own stuff, so i have to consider cheaper stuff. Meditate about it.
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
Ampeg GVT52-112
I hope you realise the BM is cheaper than the BOSS od3, at least it is where I am. A tube amp's natural overdrive will always sound better than an overdrive pedal on its own, even when comparing a fulltone OCD to a cranked good tube amp, Aside from the volume difference, tone-wise the amp will probably sound alot better (and beleive me when I say that Fulltone OCDs are orgasmicaly good)

I agree, tone is opinion (what im going to say will piss alot of people off) but majority of the time, when people recomend Marshall MGS or Fender FMs or any other kind of crap amp or IMO crap pedal, its normally because their ears are not as progressed as others when picking up 'general good' tones. Now that may offend you but im sticking to it, you may like the sound of your Boss od3 through a small SS amp, and im glad your happy with your gear, but eventually over years I am willing to bet that you will change your opinion about the boss pedal, and probably prefer something else.

I would know and im sure alot of other guitarists would know. I remember when I first got my peavey classic, I used a friggen boss ds-2 to boost the OD of the amp (back then I was more high-gain orientated) and I liked the tone I had....I wouldnt even dare do that nowadays, I wouldnt even have it in my pedal-board.
Quote by Hakanku
I agree, tone is opinion (what im going to say will piss alot of people off) but majority of the time, when people recomend Marshall MGS or Fender FMs or any other kind of crap amp or IMO crap pedal, its normally because their ears are not as progressed as others when picking up 'general good' tones.

I like MG's dirty sounds, for example.
Take Jerry Cantrell and Kurt Cobain, for example. They both have songs in their respective bands in which they use dirty, fuzzy sounds. I can do their signature sounds in my Frontman 15G without a fuzz box, just my trusted Boss MD-2 Mega Distortion.

And again, not everyone can afford top quality gear.
If he needs an OD unit right now, he should buy it, instead of buying a small tube amp -- which he will regret later, because he will want an even better amp.

EDIT: and sure, i believe my taste will change as time and my technique progresses. However, i have a very well trained ear, thanks to my dad (who knows a LOT about sound stuff, and has sound equipment i'm not even allowed to touch -- vintage Quad stuff, Sennheiser and JBL gear customized by the manufacturers for him, and other EXCELLENT stuff). My dad can even tell the difference between high-quality overdriven SS and tube amps -- we made the test, and the music store technicians were amazed, they looked like they wanted to worship my dad.
So, don't try to lecture me in trained ears and picking up "general good" tones.
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by Linkerman
EDIT: and sure, i believe my taste will change as time and my technique progresses. However, i have a very well trained ear, thanks to my dad (who knows a LOT about sound stuff, and has sound equipment i'm not even allowed to touch -- vintage Quad stuff, Sennheiser and JBL gear customized by the manufacturers for him, and other EXCELLENT stuff). My dad can even tell the difference between high-quality overdriven SS and tube amps -- we made the test, and the music store technicians were amazed, they looked like they wanted to worship my dad.
So, don't try to lecture me in trained ears and picking up "general good" tones.

not jumping into your argument, but it's not hard to tell the difference between an overdriven SS amp that's clipping, and an overdriven tube amp. You generally want to avoid clipping any SS amp's powersection, it is not a pleasing sound.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by Linkerman
I'm right. A good tube amp IS expensive. In my humble opinion, the only cheap tube amps that have quality are the Peaveys (Valveking, Windsor -- and they're not THAT cheap).

I beg to differ. Epi Valve Jr, Valbee, Blackheart 5Ws, Laney VC15, Palomino? And used gear goes a long way too. Things like C30s, Palominos, Hot Rods, Blues Juniors go for seriously cheap on the used markets. Not to mention the other amps I just stated, even cheaper when 2nd hand.

Quote by Linkerman
And keep in mind, not everyone is rich. I actually have to work to buy my own stuff, so i have to consider cheaper stuff. Meditate about it.

This is a really weak argument. You're basically trying to convince yourself everyone on UG has parents that can spend millions. You couldn't be more wrong - take a look around the boards and you'll see that the reason most of us don't have Mesas, Cornfords, vintage Fenders, Bogners, Soldanos, Carrs, Fuchs is because we can't afford them. Like you we have to earn money to get the gear we desire, and yet you still babble on about 'not everyone is rich'. Nobody said they were. There are several people on here that have amazing amounts of top quality gear, but ask them and they'll tell you they worked for it.

Quote by Linkerman
I like MG's dirty sounds, for example.
Take Jerry Cantrell and Kurt Cobain, for example. They both have songs in their respective bands in which they use dirty, fuzzy sounds. I can do their signature sounds in my Frontman 15G without a fuzz box, just my trusted Boss MD-2 Mega Distortion.

And again, not everyone can afford top quality gear.

Well, that's great for you if you like your Frontman tone. I remember a similar feeling back when I had just a 15R and an OS2. I thought it was the bee's knees. But as soon as I got my Blues Junior (which I saved up for, for about 4/5 months, by the way), I thought that was a massive leap. And it was. But still I used my OS2, until recently, when I got my Classic 30. Now I can't use the OS-2 without wretching.

Quote by Linkerman
If he needs an OD unit right now, he should buy it, instead of buying a small tube amp -- which he will regret later, because he will want an even better amp.

Again, another really weak point. If he's going to regret spending that money on a tube amp, surely he'll regret - even more so - buying an average-sounding pedal that cost a little less! Once he tries out a few tube amps, he'll think, 'Dang, I should've saved up more for one of these'.

And, of course he will want a better amp even if he gets a tube amp now. Does buying a pedal like the OD3 stop that from happening? No. He'll want a better amp either way. It's human nature to want something better than what we've already got. It's what drives us to be ambitious and to success. Sure, I like my Classic 30, but I'd love a Rocker 50. And then, once I'd get that, I'd probably want something even better. It's called progression, and if he buys a tube amp he'll be stepping on the ladder to tonal nirvana much earlier than by buying the OD3.

Quote by Linkerman

Well, that's great. But it's your dad that can hear the differences, not you, by all accounts. It's fantastic that you have that resource of information on your doorstep, but surely you can use it in a better way than bragging on an internet forum? Just a thought
Linkerman: The Boss OD is terrible. I can assure you of that.

TS: The Bad Mokey is decent for the money but as said before, I'd advise a small tube combo.

Quote by Don_Humpador
Well, that's great. But it's your dad that can hear the differences, not you, by all accounts. It's fantastic that you have that resource of information on your doorstep, but surely you can use it in a better way than bragging on an internet forum? Just a thought

My father disagrees with me in many ways, but as he said to me: "You're paying for the amp, not me. If you think you can get the tone you want without spending so many money, that's the way to go. There's not such a thing as a bad amplifier. The characteristics are just different. Each painter uses a different brush. Sure, there are reliability and other issues, but even there everyone disagrees."

On the other subject, my father says: "With the improvement of technologies, it's getting harder to tell the difference between a good solid state and a tube amplifier. But just knowing that you're using a tube amplifier makes all the difference."

I was just trying to help with my posts, but seems that i'm not allowed to speak my mind freely around here.
I'm starting to think my dad was right when he said: "Why are you sitting there hammering the computer keyboard instead of playing the guitar?"
To which i replied: "I'm just trying to help people like me."

Last but not least, i'm not bragging. I'm just explaining why you can't accuse me of having an untrained ear. I just have different tastes from you people.
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by Linkerman
My father disagrees with me in many ways, but as he said to me: "You're paying for the amp, not me. If you think you can get the tone you want without spending so many money, that's the way to go. There's not such a thing as a bad amplifier. The characteristics are just different. Each painter uses a different brush. Sure, there are reliability and other issues, but even there everyone disagrees."

On the other subject, my father says: "With the improvement of technologies, it's getting harder to tell the difference between a good solid state and a tube amplifier. But just knowing that you're using a tube amplifier makes all the difference."

I was just trying to help with my posts, but seems that i'm not allowed to speak my mind freely around here.
I'm starting to think my dad was right when he said: "Why are you sitting there hammering the computer keyboard instead of playing the guitar?"
To which i replied: "I'm just trying to help people like me."

Last but not least, i'm not bragging. I'm just explaining why you can't accuse me of having an untrained ear. I just have different tastes from you people.

It's fine recommending something once, even if people disagree. But I've seen about 3-4 posts of yours mentioning the OD-3... It's like Boss are holding a gun to your head or something...
Quote by guitarcrazy1991
Linkerman: The Boss OD is terrible. I can assure you of that.

Hell, how can you assure me of that? LOL I have one Boss OD-3, and i think it's the best overdrive pedal i ever tried (including Digitech's, Line 6's, and even Ibanez's Tube Screamer)...
You like different things. And i MUST respect your opinion. It's a little thing called freedom of choice.
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by guitarcrazy1991
It's fine recommending something once, even if people disagree. But I've seen about 3-4 posts of yours mentioning the OD-3... It's like Boss are holding a gun to your head or something...

Because i can't stand when people start calling me ignorant.
And yes, i'm a HUGE Boss fan. In my humble opinion, they're the best effect pedals manufacturers (with the exception of the Boss V-Wah... I really don't like that thing very much).
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by Linkerman
Hell, how can you assure me of that? LOL I have one Boss OD-3, and i think it's the best overdrive pedal i ever tried (including Digitech's, Line 6's, and even Ibanez's Tube Screamer)...
You like different things. And i MUST respect your opinion. It's a little thing called freedom of choice.

Yeah, I'm fine with your opinion, i respect it but i disagree... Ever A/B'd it with any other OD pedals, because there are some damn fines ones out there that blow it out of the water...

Edit:

Quote by Linkerman
Because i can't stand when people start calling me ignorant.
And yes, i'm a HUGE Boss fan. In my humble opinion, they're the best effect pedals manufacturers (with the exception of the Boss V-Wah... I really don't like that thing very much).

Not one person has called you ignorant...
I didn't say you weren't allowed your opinion, but it seems to me like your struggling to realise that other people have opinions too. The majority of players with trained ears will probably tell you that the OD-3 is poor compared to the Bad Monkey. Having said that, though, the Bad Monkey is quite a long way down the scale of overdrive tones. In my opinion, the TS808, TS9, OCD, Rust Driver, Eternity OD, all sound better. But no doubt, you've tried all those, and the OD3 is still better
Quote by Don_Humpador
I didn't say you weren't allowed your opinion, but it seems to me like your struggling to realise that other people have opinions too. The majority of players with trained ears will probably tell you that the OD-3 is poor compared to the Bad Monkey. Having said that, though, the Bad Monkey is quite a long way down the scale of overdrive tones. In my opinion, the TS808, TS9, OCD, Rust Driver, Eternity OD, all sound better. But no doubt, you've tried all those, and the OD3 is still better

I've A/B'd a couple of ODs and i have to say, the Boss ODs just didn't sound as full and rich if you know what i mean...
Quote by guitarcrazy1991
Not one person has called you ignorant...

They said i have an untrained ear, that i'm a newbie... Basically the same thing (tomato, tomato...).
And i'm not. Just trying to make a point here.

Quote by Don_Humpador
In my opinion, the TS808, TS9, OCD, Rust Driver, Eternity OD, all sound better. But no doubt, you've tried all those, and the OD3 is still better

I'm not sure i tried ALL of those, but the TS9 and the OCD yes. The others, i can't remember. But i simply fell in love with the OD-3!

EDIT: So will everyone PLEASE stop putting me down just for liking Boss and amplifiers you don't like?
Come on, you all give advices based on the stuff you like! Then, why do you keep saying "Linkerman, what you suggested is very bad."? I don't say the stuff you suggest is bad. I just say i don't like it.
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by Linkerman
They said i have an untrained ear, that i'm a newbie... Basically the same thing (tomato, tomato...).
And i'm not. Just trying to make a point here.

I'm not sure i tried ALL of those, but the TS9 and the OCD yes. The others, i can't remember. But i simply fell in love with the OD-3!

Actually, ignorance and being a newbie are totally different things...

OCD > OD-3
Quote by guitarcrazy1991
Actually, ignorance and being a newbie are totally different things...

OCD > OD-3

Not really... When you are a newbie, you usually don't have the knowledge an intermediate or a pro has (obviously).

And if you really like the OCD, that's definetely the effect you should use. Not the OD-3.

EDIT: Just don't kill all possibilities... If the guy wants an OD unit, why can't he try different brands? Why are you discriminating Boss from the beggining, since i came in and said: "Hey, i like the Boss OD-3 very much. It's amazing. I'd recommend it to you."?
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by Linkerman

And if you really like the OCD, that's definetely the effect you should use. Not the OD-3.

I do use it, i wouldn't dream of punishing my ears...
Quote by guitarcrazy1991
I do use it, i wouldn't dream of punishing my ears...

And i wouldn't dream of using an OCD. But that's my opinion.

I guess we have to agree on to disagree. Or can't you even agree on that?
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by Linkerman
And i wouldn't dream of using an OCD. But that's my opinion.

I guess we have to agree on to disagree. Or can't you even agree on that?

I may disagree with your opinion, but I'm not an asshole... Why would i disagree with that?
Quote by guitarcrazy1991
I've A/B'd a couple of ODs and i have to say, the Boss ODs just didn't sound as full and rich if you know what i mean...

Yeah, they're very sterile sounding pedals.
I didnt say you are a guitar newb, hell, you could be better than me at guitar, but in all honesty I think that pretty much every boss pedal, every one I have tried or heard anyways, is pretty shabby. They are okay for the price, sometimes good for the price. But there are always better pedals.