Hi there

Im doing some homerecording, but i dont have any bassguitar. Is there any way to make basstracks without a bassguitar, that sounds acceptable?

Im playing metal.
I'm sure there are ways you can use software to lower the pitch, maybe?
Or a bass synth?

I dunno, I find it's just easier if you go out and get a bass. You can get decent one's from Rogue, and they're pretty darn cheap as well (I'm talking less than $100)
I do my recording with Cubase, and when I don't have a handy Bass player I use Halion with a set of Fender Precision Bass samples I got from wizoosounds.com which works reasonably well.
Quote by ShredNChunk
Hi there

Im doing some homerecording, but i dont have any bassguitar. Is there any way to make basstracks without a bassguitar, that sounds acceptable?

Im playing metal.

have a keyboard like a Yamaha PSR340?
theres bass guitars in those.

what I do most of the time is use an octive pedal with my guitar and it works fair for a bass.
i would get a really cheap bass. mine did only cost 100$ (new!)

well the sound is not great, but it works!
Forget that, there are tons of software on the internet that can emulate bass. I'd try fruityloops (free demo I think) Or you can even make one in a midi format, just download guitar pro or Power Tab and write a bassline in there then export it as a midi or a wav.

Pm me if you'd like some more help on PT, GP or FruityLoops, I have dabbled in all of them
Quote by Death-Speak
Pawn shop = cheap bass.

+1

That's what I did. I went in and said I was looking for something playable, less than $100, and that would stay in tune for at least four minutes - long enough to record a demo song.

I got a pretty decent Aria bass. That was probably 15 years ago or so now, and it still gets some pretty good mileage.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.