So I got a new amp the V32 a couple of days ago so yesterday I went to turn it on and the lightbulb that tells you it's on went off. So I thought it's just the lightbulb. But then the amp started crackling and now i'm thinking something else is wrong. Pre amp tubes?
It starts crackling once i start it and crackles more when i have the reverb channel on. Everything in the amp is stock.
Smile alot today... okay?
Did you buy it new? If so, I would just take it back to the store and say "You sold me crap. Fix it."
Hi, I'm Peter
Ah ok. Well, if you got an extra $100 laying around, I would just retube the whole thing and start at zero. If not, then visually check out your tubes - look for any that are glowing a different color. You can also do the "tap test": wait for the amp to warm up, turn the volume on, and then tap the tubes with an eraser or your finger to see if they make noise. Noisy tube = bad tube. If it's a power tube, you'll have to replace both. If it's a preamp tube, those can be replaced individually.

The power light not working is just odd, though.
Hi, I'm Peter
Well, make sure you don't tap the power tubes with your finger....
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
^ Psssh. Second degree burns make you a man.

Yeah, I forgot to say "finger NAIL."
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Sumthing Catchy
I think it was like slightly used. Really it looks damn new.

If you bought it from a store, bring it back. That's not a tube issue, that's something else. You need a tech (or, preferably, a new amp!).
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
I've read in several reviews that the reverb tanks in this amps cause a similar issue, which would make sense if it gets worse when you use the reverb.

You can buy a replacement tank that fits perfectly, and is of higher quality on ebay for $20. I don't own one and can't say for sure, but several different reviews said it was a worthwhile upgrade regardless of the noise.

From one MF review: "The pan bounces around inside and the hookup wires break. Result: major hum and no reverb. Solution? Simply replace the cheap can with the far better US Accutronics 3-spring 8EB2C1B with (sic) is exactly the same size so it mounts correctly where the bad one came out. "

Might not be the problem, but figured it couldn't hurt to know.