Example, a tab is telling me to "r" the 14th fret on the D string, but I have no idea what "r" implies.
or if there is no bent note before it, than it means bend the not, but dont pick it until its already bent. Like a reverse bend, gives kind of a sad whale sound.
or "r" could mean ring out if the song sounds like that. But I'm planning to create a song where I get my Drummer to play power chords on the timpani to back up my solo, so there! Now thats pioneering.
Ben Pazolli
-----------------------
Epiphone Dot Studio
VOX Valvetronix VD-30AD
VOX V847 WAH-WAH Pedal
Boss Loop Station RC-2
-----------------------
"The nicest guy you'll ever f............ind"
Sorry I switched threads without realizing but first part is right.
Ben Pazolli
-----------------------
Epiphone Dot Studio
VOX Valvetronix VD-30AD
VOX V847 WAH-WAH Pedal
Boss Loop Station RC-2
-----------------------
"The nicest guy you'll ever f............ind"
Quote by bpazolli
or "r" could mean ring out if the song sounds like that. But I'm planning to create a song where I get my Drummer to play power chords on the timpani to back up my solo, so there! Now thats pioneering.

you wanna talk abotu pioneering. I play power chords on bass. some players have done this, but even less have done it MY way. I play the apropriate guitar power chord on the bass, WITH the bass note in the bass(wtf) basically E x E B or in terms of fretting, 2 x 2 4 (drop D)

Ive also experimented with playing power chords on guitar, while soloing legato with my right hand.

i also enjoy figuring out known melodies on natural harmonics.
The Bass player in my band plays the bugle while tapping a bass part with one hand during one of our songs.
Quote by bartdevil_metal
The Bass player in my band plays the bugle while tapping a bass part with one hand during one of our songs.

that's awesome in an odd way