What type of pedal? Twin...distortion...multieffects.
I got a great multieffect pedal for 450.
I dont know the difference, ive never had a pedal before, but if it helps im playin christian rock music and distortion is needed!
-lando
Quote by 11Vegeta11
I dont know the difference, ive never had a pedal before, but if it helps im playin christian rock music and distortion is needed!

Then just get a distortion pedal a good one should run you $80-$100.
Digitech are also a good make to look into.

Sounds like you want a basic overdrive or distortion pedal, try the pedals on www.gak.co.uk
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Quote by -February-Star-
Digitech are also a good make to look into.

Sounds like you want a basic overdrive or distortion pedal, try the pedals on www.gak.co.uk

Ya boss is my favorite but if boss didn't exist digitech would be the best.
As the other guy said, it depends on what you're looking for. Here's my setup, and if you want to know what these things do, go to Musiciansfriend.com or guitarcenter.com, or something like that. But anyway, I have Boss overdrive/distortion(for regular rock tone), digitech metal master( digital metal distortion), Boss TR-2 tremolo(can't explain, just go on the websites like I said), Digitech Whammy(insane pitch changing effects, and harmonizing), MXR- phase 90(again, can't explain), dunlop crybaby wah( gives you that 70's Jimi Hendrix style sound), and boss giga delay,(echo's, and I can record like 30 seconds of my guitar, and then play over it.) So go on a website and listen to some of the clips that they have on there. I am very happy with my rig, but you might not be, so you should try finding your own sound. I hope this helped a little bit, and good luck.
Christian rock?

Then you'll most likely want overdrive (not distortion, which is different). BOSS do a number of good Overdrive pedals, though personally for overdrive I think Digitech are the best brand - the Digitech Screamin' Blues Overdrive/Distortion (it can do both) is my top choice, as despite the name, it can actually do anything up to heavy metal (though then you don't want overdrive for metal, you want distortion for that, so it's a moot point). It also has seperate bass and treble cut/boost controls, which is a big help (most pedals just have one 'tone' control that can only be switched one way or the other). It costs somewhere south of £80, even if you buy through a store.
well my friend has been letting me use his but its just an overdrive, and it just has too much crackle in it if anyone understands wat i mean
-lando