Making it with an originals band?
I desparately want to make it playing original music. If I was to move to London when I'm older and join lots of original bands that are already established what chances would I have of going pro?
Dude, you can't guarentee that by joining a band you will go pro. It's down to you to actually work hard and make music no matter how many bands you join.
Don't quit your day job.

If you need to make money playing music, don't even bother.
I think you are better off playing in one band which gets all your attention. You will have a hard time working with several bands at the same time. It is better to focus on one project, because otherwise you could end up with a bunch of mediocre bands nobody gives a damn about. Think about it: One good band > several bad bands.
Please explain what you mean when you talk about going pro. Do you mean becoming rich and famous or do just you want a life as a working musician?
Quote by Acidshred
Making it with an originals band?
I desparately want to make it playing original music. If I was to move to London when I'm older and join lots of original bands that are already established what chances would I have of going pro?

Isn't that the point of making it big? By being original? Would you prefer a cover band or something?
Because we would know.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Because we would know.

yeah, makes perfect sense.
Whom to ask about serious business?
Who does know about the music industry?
Who can tell me how to become a filthy rich pro with heavy rotation on every radio station worldwide?
Who has experienced it all and can show me the golden road to fame?

Sure, the lurkers in the pit can