In a few days I will be buying a JCM 600 combo 1x12. Right now it has 2x Svetlana EL34 power tubes, and 4x ECC83 [12 AX7] pre-amp tubes. Should I change these tubes out to get a better metal tone? If so, what should I replace them with? I know that I will need an overdrive- so reccomend me some o' them too.

This will be my first tube amp, so what else should I know?

Im want to be able to play- iron maiden, Metallica, Megadeth, Etc-
Last edited by wasteofspace at Feb 11, 2008,
if you dip the speaker cab in carbonite it might make it more metal... but thats just me.
Overdrive pedal.
Are you looking for a zombie online game?
Join the survivors at Dead Frontier
Coming out March 2008

Put this in your sig if you don't like the usual threads about these amps.
Quote by splat102
Overdrive pedal.

distortion pedal
Too tired and lazy to bother with a sig, Sorry.
Generally a speaker change will have more tonal impact than a tube change (presuming the old tubes are still good). If you're bent on changing the tubes anyway, call Marshall and see if the amp can handle KT-77 power tubes.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Quote by pix_dement
distortion pedal

Overdrive pedal
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45