I didnt know what forum to put this in as it is a misc. topic. For recording since we cant find a drummer in the area, me and one other guitarist and we can both play bass and keyboard. But need drum beats for songs. Is there a program or person you can pay for that?
In massachusetts there's a place called Nobscott Studios, where the Engineer is a drummer w/ 20 yrs experience and does work for $20 an hour.

Try getting a Boss BR recorder, they have an excellent drum machine built in. Or if you use a PC, look for Reason Drumkit Refill or EZ Drummer. everything else sounds really fake.
Vociferance

Halcyon

Quote by dead-fish
OMGZ! Chuck shuldingr iz teh master conspiraiter!

Quote by jakekilgore666
sean hart i love your avatar
Reason is the best, but it might not be worth buying it if that's all your using it for.

I'm sure Audacity has a sequencer that would work pretty well, although I've never used it myself. That's free.
What is the cheapest solution to this? My guitarist can play drums but isnt extremely proficient at it. he has an electronic drum but i am not sure if it'll be good recording wise. What would be the best way to get the drum sound and guitar sound without all the hiss or feedback from the amp/speakers? Is there a certain distance the mic should be back?
Quote by Player 1
reason

+1 Especially if you have a MIDI capable keyboard. But if you're OK with lesser samples, Fruity Loops is fine. Oh yeah, not Reason Adapted, the actual Reason. Industry standard baby.
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination
Last edited by KryptNet at Feb 11, 2008,
Quote by ravenrage07
What is the cheapest solution to this? My guitarist can play drums but isnt extremely proficient at it. he has an electronic drum but i am not sure if it'll be good recording wise. What would be the best way to get the drum sound and guitar sound without all the hiss or feedback from the amp/speakers? Is there a certain distance the mic should be back?

Electric kits are good for recording, especially metal (except for the cymbals)
The Faceless, Braindrill, Beneath The Massacre, Behemoth (demigod) all record with Roland TD-20 sets and some of them just use real cymbals with the electric kit
Vociferance

Halcyon

Quote by dead-fish
OMGZ! Chuck shuldingr iz teh master conspiraiter!

Quote by jakekilgore666
sean hart i love your avatar
Quote by ravenrage07

Check your cables and stuff. Maybe get new ones before you record (and take good care of them!)

Your amp/speakers shouldn't be hissing to begin with.

There's only a certain distance if you're using 2 mics.
Hydrogen(sp?)
:
Quote by malachifivebass
you cant make a male musician choose music or sex, its like asking a fat man twinkie or brownie

Quote by iamnotrabid
Quote by metdethslaythrx
Naomi
it's "I moan" backwards
No, it's I maon.

Phail

I WILL one day rule the world, Pm me with the position you want and Ill see if it is open.