Right, so I've posted a couple of threads about this now, and i really want your opinions on what amp to get I'm trying to go to GAK soon, but that could be a while....

Okay, i play a 72 Telecaster Deluxe ( ), and my genres are indie ( so i need a good clean), pop punk and more modern rock - no metal at all really.
Bands i play include Bloc Party, Foo Fighters, Blink 182, Biffy clyro and Arctic Monkeys.

I was thinking about
- Laney VC series with an overdrive for the more modern rock sounds
-Marshall JCM900, which sounds good, but i can't try one, and I'm not sure if the gain would be TOO much for me :/
-Laney LC series, not sure, but it could work for me
-Orange Tiny Terror, played this and loved it, but I'm not sure about the cleans at higher volumes (are they non existant?)

My budget is about £300 - give or take £50, and I don't currently gig, but would like the ability to if possible....

All thoughts appreciated
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
Yeah, for that stuff I'd definitely go with the VC30 and a OD to push it too Foo Fighters if you don't like the (amount of) gain it has on tap.

It does the Voxy, jangly Indie cleans thing very well, and does a Vox AC30 with a Treble Booster style of Overdrive nicely, upto say Queen level of OD.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Don't know that much about amps, but I think Peavey tend to be favoured for hard distortion, so steer clear of them. I've heard Line 6 amps have the best clean channel, but I've never played through one.
i've been hearing alot of people saying line 6 amps sucks
Quote by Deadmen
Wait for them by your door, and when they come.
Jump out with your wiener just hanging there and yell "Surprise!"
They'll never talk to you again, also make shure to helicoptor it a bit.

Memeber #665 of the Ibanez RG owners of the world club
Yeah, I'll probably stay away from Line 6 and Peavey generally - the Classic 30 isn't quite the steal over here as it is across the pond

Any reasoning for that ibikinz?
And cheers for the help Mr Carrot

TBH, i thought there'd be more love for the JCM900 here....
Quote by jxljxl

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

The JCM900 isn't a very good amp for your style. it's more of a high gain-monster.
Try to find a Laney LC30 or something. great amps sound very bright and "poppish" and has more than enough gain for Foo Fighters.
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
Quote by bjoern_swe
The JCM900 isn't a very good amp for your style. it's more of a high gain-monster.
Try to find a Laney LC30 or something. great amps sound very bright and "poppish" and has more than enough gain for Foo Fighters.

The JCM900 isn't all high gain ya know? Just roll back the gain knob and you can get some GREAT tones....I should know...I own one =) Plus...the cleans are amazing!
2006 Paul Reed Smith Custom 22 10 Top w/birds
1999 Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 10 Top w/ birds
Marshall JCM900 Half Stack
Jimi Hendrix Experience Pedal
Tech21 SansAmp GT2
Boss RC-2, AC-2, FZ-3, TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by voodoochildsr22
The JCM900 isn't all high gain ya know? Just roll back the gain knob and you can get some GREAT tones....I should know...I own one =) Plus...the cleans are amazing!

+1, 900s are awesome for mid-gain and cleans, along with high gain.
Emo is to music as etch-a-sketch is to art.

Quote by TMVolta19
Music can't really be judged, since it's all on the same level. Unless it's screamo. then it sucks.
Cheers, i wasn't sure about the 900 :/
I just heard the cleans were pretty good....
Ah well Hmm, do you have experience with the LC30 btw? I noticed you like the Hives Do you know how it would handle their sound (Im a bit of a fan myself) ?
Looks like its down to the Laneys really then

EDIT: That was aimed at bjoern btw
Good to see some people showing appreciation of the JCM, just to throw a spanner in the works
Quote by jxljxl

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

Well I'm biased because I own one but I'll say the JCM900 aswell. It is stupidly versatile, for what you play the best thing to do with it is probably put the gain up quite high on the CLEAN channel, it gets a nice crunch to it which would be good for what you are after, or as the other chap above said, just roll back the gain knob on the od channel and EQ to your preference.
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
Quote by cmakkidguitar
Cheers, i wasn't sure about the 900 :/
I just heard the cleans were pretty good....
Ah well Hmm, do you have experience with the LC30 btw? I noticed you like the Hives Do you know how it would handle their sound (Im a bit of a fan myself) ?
Looks like its down to the Laneys really then

EDIT: That was aimed at bjoern btw
Good to see some people showing appreciation of the JCM, just to throw a spanner in the works

The other guitarist in my band had a LC30 when we still played mid gain rock, and it sounded awesome.

And about the 900, I've never really heard it's soft side, so...I guess you should listen to the gentlemen above.

But for your kind of music, defeniatly a Laney
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
i know they,re getting dearer,but look out for the old hiwatts,i picked up mine ,a custom 100 cheep,less then £100.i think the kooks and the artics use them.
Go with the VC, it does the indie thing basically awesomely since it is a AC30 wannabe. The cleans are absoloutely amazing for the money. And the low gain crunch gets some pretty solid indie sounds.

Its alot more suited to you than the LC.

Then you can share info with us laney thread folks on your Tele...
Haha, cheers I'm already an avid follower of the Laney thread >.<

I just don't post, what with not having a laney
And i thought you might recommend the VC , I'm just not sure how it would handle the gain :/ I would get an overdrive pedal as well probably, but not sure - possibly the silverkiss, like the rest of your cult

And the tele is fantasticcc The neck fits perfectly for me and it plays like butter ...
Quote by jxljxl

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

Im temtped to try out the custom, seeing as I need the tele twang. The neck looks so hawt though, i cant help but touch it whenever im in the shop...

Just got the SK today. Its not really a high gain booster. But it should drag you up to everything at around GNR levels. Superb pedal, deffinately work for the indie kinda sound.

Best bet is to try it out, it'll probably do most if not all of what youre asking from it.

Feel free to post there. Most of the people there probably posted before they had laneys anyway.
Haha, cheers for that Hope you like the pedal then, seeing as its fairly new to you

Yeah, the VC is what i was looking at originally, but I think the problem with the Marshall is not being able to try one, so it looks like its down to the Laneys

And yeah, the neck is great, my favourite part probably. I tried out a couple of teles when i went to buy it, and wasn't sure about this one cos of the buckers, but that neck is superb and i actually like the crunch the buckers give ... so, it was a deal
Quote by jxljxl

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^ I saw that video you posted in the Laney thread about that with the Texan guy, his tone did sound goooooood, but I'm not sure about it - it sounded really warm, maybe a lil too warm even?
But ill take it into consideration
Quote by jxljxl

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.